Study: Marijuana potency increases in 2007

Discussion in 'General' started by Rdaws420, Jun 12, 2008.

1. The study goes on to say that higher potency is directly connected to this forum, for real, you guys know your shit.

JK but on another note...

My plants were looking good and it had alot to do with your guys help, I am truely thankful. Growing those plants really made me feel like I accomplished something, to bad some asshole crushed my dreams.

2. cited the risk of psychological, cognitive and respiratory problems, and the potential for users to become dependent on drugs such as cocaine and heroin.
    LOL

just some more government propoganda bull shit. Still spewing the lies like a devlish fountain SENT FORTH FROM THE BOWLLS OF HELL TO SIEZE THOU VICTORY DAY.... :mad: NEVAAA

3. yeah i did smoke some bomb shit in '07

@bigred: I believe there's actually sound logic behind that in a more general sense.. with the internet comes the ability to access more information, get feedback from other users, and exchange ideas to better improve the quality of grown cannabis. There's not really a public forum in the real world for a bunch of cannabis growers to come together and sit down for a chit chat :)

"knowledge is power"

4. I love this shit, I just loved the ability to make a journal on something that I was growing, befriended me and "stayed tune" for later progress, it really was a beautiful thing. Atleast it wasn't the feds coming down on me,I guess.

Weed really is a beautiful plant. Its sole purpose in its existance is to give its user an experience unlike anyother, you can't say that about most things in this fucked up world.

5. "Marijuana potency increased last year to the highest level in more than 30 years, posing greater health risks to people who may view the drug as harmless, according to a report released Thursday by the White House."

hahahahahaha :laughing: what a joke

6. Even if this were true (which it isn't), higher potency would be better for you and not worse. More THC means you would have to smoke less which means ingesting less carcinogens.
    These scare tactics are getting old.

7. I stopped reading when it said "report released by the White House."

Lame.

8. and less likely you will be getting bored with it and going to harder drugs:smoking:.

9. 9.6%?
    Wow, they sure didnt pull a nug out of my stash.

10. I don't get it....better quality means less product needed to achieve that oh-so-groovy high. Thus, diminishing non-desired health issues. For a fact, I smoke less when I have headies than if I'm smoking on mids. I don't understand how the Gov't somehow misses that figure.

UK has been spouting this bullshit for a while...that's how they resheduled cannabis.

11. The ONDCP, John Walters, and Nora Volkow are all full of shit.

Higher potency marijuana does NOT "pose greater health risks to people". That is a straight up lie! :( These people are simply using anything they can to protect their jobs. They should all be locked up for the rest of their natural lives :mad:

Mitch knows his shit though!! His book "parents guide to marijuana" is freakin' wonderful for anyone with kids under 18 :hello:

12. That's funny because there was an article in highlife ( not high times, high life is a dutch magazine ) about the fact that thc percentages dropped in The Netherlands in 2007 and the price went up.

The figures were slightly different however.
    Average thc content for weed in 2006: 17.5% in 2007: 16%
    Average thc content for hash in 2006: 18.7% in 2007: 13.3%

Also prices went up an average off 20%

Very sad evolution and i hope the weed and specially hash become stronger once more, i have no illusions over the price though, that will only get worse.

I wander what crappy buds the based the American studies on, i mean c'mon they are panicking about 9.6% thc average. That's just ridiculous, that's not even good weed that's just regular.
    I'm quite sure the cali dank has levels around 20% thc, luckely they didn't took an average there. I can see the headlines in front off me: Weed with 20% thc discoverd, worse than heroin.

13. last time i checked, more THC means less smoke inhaled to achieve the same effects.. so really its less harmful to your health

i said that in rehab once when they tried sayin how weed has been progressively getting stronger... they shutup with the quickness

14. I appreciate that this article looks at both sides. I read an article about med mj yesterday that was just like "there is no way there are any benefits to med mj and its super easy to get it in california, this is terrible, it needs to stop." I found that article to be pretty gay, no offense to any gay people reading this. Fuck the media for the most part.

15. HAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHA

i can just say 1 thing to all these anti-cannabis protesters

GET YOUR MIND RIGHT

ahh...........

that felt good
    :smoke::smoke::smoke:

16. Wow dude, exactly my reaction! cocaine and heroin? That's the exact same propoganda the US gov used in the 30's and it didn't work then, why the hell would it work now.

17. 9.6% on average? where the hell are they conducting this study, Atlanta? the average around here is somewhere around 15%, and can get up to almost 30%.

18. are they really CRUSHED? or just set back a little? Its not the end of the world.

dude, ish the WEST COAST MAYYYNE!! you know the bombest is found over here.

From BC-LA

the bomb bomb.:smoke::smoke:

19. Our government spends nearly $14 billion a year on the so called "War on Drugs"

Our government funded this study/project.

Our government, allegedly, found that if you smoke Marijuana there is a "risk of psychological, cognitive and respiratory problems, and the potential for users to become dependent on drugs such as cocaine and heroin."

Our government is also "Particularly worrisome [about] the possibility that the more potent THC might be more effective at triggering the changes in the brain that can lead to addiction,"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LMFAO!!!!!! Well no shit!!!!! What did you think they were gunna find? These "scientists" conducting these projects have absolutely no autonomy, they are forced to comply with what the government wants to promote, or they are NOT paid.