Study - A new root problem in Cannabis

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Storm Crow, May 8, 2021.

1. Nematodes are tiny worms that live in the soil and water. They are so small that you need a microscope to tell what kind they are. Some are beneficial. Some are a problem, like the root-knot nematodes that cause small, weak plants having stunted roots with lumps on them (galls). The link leads to the full study.

First report of Meloidogyne incognita infecting Cannabis sativa in Alabama. (USA) (full – 2021) First report of Meloidogyne incognita infecting Cannabis sativa in Alabama

Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) is a new crop in Alabama. In 2019, symptomatic plants with stunted growth, poor root development, and numerous galls were observed in hemp plants grown in Geneva County, AL. After harvest, soil samples were collected from areas with the symptomatic plants and root-knot nematode (Meloidogyne spp.) were found in the soil. Based on morphological features and the polymerase chain reactions using species-specific primers, it was identified as Meloidogyne incognita. Further, a host differential test in a greenhouse assay confirmed it to be M. incognita race 3. The pathogenicity of the nematode to the hemp was confirmed by a modified version of Koch's postulates. To our knowledge, this is the first report of M. incognita infecting Cannabis sativa in Alabama.

Granny

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Symptoms also sound similar to the cannabis covid, HLV.
    Darkheart did 3 blog posts on it, Number 3 here: Hop Latent Viroid, Part Three | Dark Heart Nursery
    Now I have to use the lessons learned from keeping myself alive during a pandemic to keep the plants alive. Got a suspected infected, quarantined it. Washing hands after being near the plan gives me a chance to use all that hand samitizer we never needed!