Stud Male Just Hermied

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ragingchild, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,

It's really my first growing experiment where I was planning on breeding to get myself some seed stock so that I could keep the genetics for a few years after I move and forseeably lose my current plants.

I have successfully germed 10 DJ Short F-13 and 3 of them were females, the rest were all males. I kept one really great looking male because he displayed the highest amount of purpling under the leaves, but grew kind of wierd.

He has a shitton of pollen sacks already at day 12. However...I just found out that there are white pistils coming from the top of that male a few days ago, so I'm kind of at crossroads here. I'm not sure whether or not I should keep him or if I should replace him with one of the other males that has been severely neglected, but the neglected males have absolutely no pollen sack growth now.

I have read multiple posts that the hermie gene will be carried over, but have heard conflicting opinions stating that DJ's hermies produce offspring that are much more potent as well. Some have said that they breeded with the hermie and produced stock that was just fine.

If anyone can give me any advice on this that would be great.

I have thankfully taken precautionary measures and have taken clones of my females and they are very small but I believe have taken root successfully and I am pleased about having made that decision prior to flipping the switch now that this has occured.

I am thinking perhaps clone one or two of the other males for now and run another seeding project after this one is done, however I wanted at least one of the upcoming harvests to be totally seedless so that I could have some decent seed-free herb.