Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stuck in altered state of consciousness

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Donguru, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Hi!

It's been around 8 weeks since I ate what I can assume were quite potent edibles. I had both a brownie and cookie as well as a couple of hits from a bong. When the edibles started kicking in around an hour after I ate them I started to trip out! I'm still unsure if this turned in to a panic attack, I've tried to explain the trip but I simply can't. My whole reality was messed up and I kept having hot rushes over my body every 20 seconds or so, I also began twitching uncontrollably. I lied down and tried to sleep and after an hour of hell and my heart pounding so hard I thought I was going to have a heart attack I got back up and it seemed I stopped tripping out as much but I was still high as shit. I continued on with the night and went to sleep around 2 hours later. I woke up still feeling fucked up but I thought may be natural due to the amount I consumed. However 8 weeks later and I still feel like I'm in this altered state of consciousness. I'll also note I feel like it's a little harder to concentrate and my short term memory can be a bit hazy at times

Some information that might be relevant:
    • I'm 20 and rather small, I weigh I think around 70kg?
    • I haven't smoked a whole heap, maybe 10 times total
    • This was my first time with edibles
    • There were 3 other people that didn't experience what I did and are completely fine (also inexperienced smokers)
    • This altered state feels like it fluctuates as sometimes I don't feel it as much and feel almost normal and other times it's impossible to ignore.
    I've looked in to a number of things, especially DP/DR which is what I was convinced I had but I am only experiencing the one symptom of the altered 'dream like' state so I am not so sure. I have found threads regarding white/grey matter in your brain being damaged by high THC levels but that points towards heavy use over time rather than a one off. I've also been taking vitamin C tablets to rapidly metabolise the remaining THC stored in my fat, I think it should be all gone by now.

I saw a doctor around the 2 week mark and he was convinced I took some other drug but I am 99% sure it was nothing but weed. I realise I should just go and see a different doctor or psychiatrist or any form of professional help but I want to see if anyone else has ever experienced this problem and how they coped/overcame it.

2. Probably suffered a panic attack and now are making it worse with paranoia nothings wrong just chill your gonna be absolutely fine and you know you are less dosage next time

3. Can paranoia really have such a big impact on me?

4. Your endocannabinoid system was blasted with way more cannabinoids than it was used to.
    New and/or inexperienced users often feel a disconnected or spacey feeling for a while after using way more than they're used to.
    I'm not a doctor and this is just stoner theory but here's what I think.
    Your endocannabinoid system is out of whack from a large bolus of cannabinoids from an outside source. These cannabinoids stay in your system for a long time because of how our bodies process cannabinoids.
    This readjustment of your cannabinoid system can take a while. Sometimes many weeks.
    It will pass.
    The first time I got stoned, I had residual spacy feelings for about a week.

5. Yes, it can have a huge effect as can other mental aspects. Essentially your brain has the ability to convince itself of anything it wants, at any time. There are some people who have psychosomatic illnesses (where there is nothing wrong but they have a complete belief that there is) that experience pain in the same manner as individuals who have been physically injured. Every aspect of your reality is created in your brain. When "wires get crossed" the range of possible effects is astounding.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My bet is DPD (depersonalization disorder). You don't need all the symptoms for it to be that; this is the obvious suspect.