Stuck in a rut

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 420 High Times, Dec 6, 2009.

1. What do you guys do when your stuck in a rut? Do you know what I mean, like everything is just kind of boring. Even w/ Christmas coming up Im bored and havnt been doing much recently. My tolerance is SKY HIGH. No luck at all w/ the girls. Every weekend ends up being the same, me and the regular group of friends get fucked up or just smoke for the night. I am unemployed in a few weeks and collecting. Its just going to be the same thing until the end of January until I can go to school. I just want to fast forward to get going to school. To have a good social life again. I need to take a tolerance break after this last g I have. Even after the break is over I feel like its going to be the same. Im just sooo bored. I feel like I need some kind of a major change in my life and I cant wait until it happens.

Can anyone else relate to my whiny rant. What do you guys do?

2. I can relate exactly, except I have a job

3. I can relate, I need a job, and school will be over in may, and I can graduate and all will be good.

4. I dont really even care Im getting laid off since I can collect unemployment but Im gunna be home all day and want to smoke. I live in a normal neighborhood w/o too many people my age. Not like a city w/ lots of places to hang out.

5. I found myself in your position last year. All i can tell you to do is try to find enjoyment in unconventional ways. My thing was music and books. I always had a minor interest in both, but with so much new found free time i decided to dig deeper into both. Im not sayin for you to do this specifically, but just think about something that you have always liked but never gotten the chance to experience on the level you wish. Once you have that figured out, many doors will begin to open

6. I am going through the same thing. I know it sounds stupid, but for me, little things helped, i.e. my apartment has never been cleaner, and I've picked up random old videogames around the web and been playing through them again. I changed the posters I have up in my living room (I have tons lying around.) Little things that get me excited about looking around, not seeing the same shit.

I have been out of the job for almost 10 months. It fucking blows, for sure. I'm spending my time now building together a small web development business. It's nice to be occupied.

Edit: ^^that's what she said.

7. I was and sort of still am in the same position. I thought if I went to school it would fix all my problems, I really just didn't know what else to do but what I found out was thats just a good way to waste money.

not to say school isn't the answer, maybe for you it is, just make sure if your going that the main reason is to the further your education in something your truly interested in or you'll end up pissing your money away.

If all else fails find a hobby you enjoy, I probably learned more about growing marijuana than anything else this semester:D

hope this helps dude, find something you love and take it all the way and fuck the rest.
    peace:smoking:

8. I can relate pretty good too. The last few times I've had weed to smoke I haven't even enjoyed my highs that much because it's like, I have nothing to do except watch tv and get on the computer. And that gets old after a while.