Stuck in a rut?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by KannaMan, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Going to keep it as short and sweet as I can:

I'm interested in this girl, she's interested in me. We have a good time together, but I don't know: it feels like we're stuck. It also feels like she's losing interest in me. I'm not sure and it's driving me nuts because sometimes it feels like she's only leading me on to lead me on. We'll hang out, but it seems like she doesn't even try to make time for me. I'll ask her to hang out, or we'll be texting, and at times I feel like she's ignoring me or she makes excuses. I never know when she, or even if she, wants to see me. I try to not be a creeper or anything, but when she doesn't respond to my texts what the fuck am I supposed to do?

And when we're together I have to do everything when it comes to us cuddling, kissing, anything. I feel as if she's just along for the ride. Maybe she's just shy? Women. :mad:

2. Dude I in same boat.

3. I think we need to re-implement the law of Club & Cave. Make shit like this so much easier, lol.

4. I've been there before, it sucks...it's all fucking MIND GAMES :mad::mad::mad:

It took me a few months but I eventually figured (most of it) out.

There's three possibilities here, let's take a look at each one:

1) She's just shy. Some girls are just a lot more reclusive in relationships than others...this can make things pretty awkward. A lot of the times it's that the girl just wants he partner to be happy so she let's him have it his way all the time, never interfering. For instance...those times where you had plans to hang out with her, but then your buddies wanted to hang and she told you to go hang out with them. It's like that.

2) She's playing mind games. Maybe she wants you, but nothing more. She wants the ability to say "Hey, this is my man, you can't touch him" and nothing more. You're her trophy. In this case she doesn't really want a boyfriend, she just has some insecurities (more than likely) she needs to take care of. Are you "out of her league" at all?

3) She's confused. She's not sure if she really wants you or not, so she'll stay with you but not stay with you, ya know? Just give her time to think, let her know that you're there to talk to her and are open to any suggestions that she may have. If she does decide that now is not the right time for her to have a boy in her life, then respect that and possibly remain friends.

Look at her past dating history too...how did she act with other boyfriends? Are you friends with any of her exs? Talk to them, maybe get a little advice from them. Never a bad idea.

Also...let her know how you feel!!! Don't remain silent about things like this...if there seems to be a crutch in the relationship, then address it. Don't leave it alone otherwise it will just become a bigger mess that you'll have to deal with later.

This is all based on my own experience that I've had with girls...some or all of it may be wrong or right, may not work in your case but it worked in mine. But hopefully some of this info will help you.

Good luck dude!

5. Thanks Sproggs.

The thing is we're not even "in a relationship" yet. We're not 'dating' or 'going out' but we're definitely seeing each other. To answer question 2, no I'd say we're about in the same league, lol.

6. Oh, well then that changes the whole thing lol.

It sorta sounds like she might be interested in other guys besides yourself and she's just trying to keep the door opened in case anything "bad" happens.

Could also be she's just waiting for you to ask her out before going any farther lol.

7. The thing is I know she's not seeing any other guys.

Of course, the fact that she got out of an 11 month relationship two weeks after meeting her kinda sucks now.

8. this is exact situation im in. its so fucking confusing when they tell you they have feelings but they dont wanna be serious. my advice is to give her an ultimatum and if things dont change then move on even though its tough.

9. The shitty part is that you're so right. It feels like it's been so hard just to get to this point anyways, which is why it really bites.

10. yeah man u just gotta be rational about it

11. Wow I feel like I just relived the last girl I tried to date...which I now regret cutting off because I didn't think about why just gave myself reasons to think I'm worthless.