Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

stuck in a rut

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by killakay, Sep 25, 2012.

1. i live in a suite style dorm, so i only hang out with members of my suite. going into other suites would be awkward, since its like the 4th week. same goes for talking to people in class, since i havent said a word to anyone yet so i cant randomly be like "hey im killakay, whats up" to girls or anyone for that matter. i dont know of any parties ever where i can meet girls, and im not about to talk to random girls on the street. i half ass all my schoolwork since i have no motivation. i am always tired and lethargic a lot. weed was fun but now it made me realize how much of a loser i am, so im stopping until im happy. i need a new group of friends but feel like everyone already has friends, plus isnt it too late to join clubs or anything?

tl:dr how do i make new friends/girls as a soph?

2. #2 Yosh139, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
    There's no magical way to make friends, you just have to talk to people. :confused_2:

You can't have too many friends :D

Edit: Strike up a convo with your neighbor. "Hey, what was the homework again?" Ask to have lunch later, and have a meeting spot. You're only stuck in the rut because you put yourself there. Take your self confidence, blow it up times infinity for like 30 seconds, and talk to someone. It'll come easy as you practice being social. :wave:

3. Weed isn't what is making you as you called "a looser". It os your whole mindset. You are smart in wanting to take a break.

Here's what I recomend. I do this about once a year. Stop completely for a month or more, and during this time think of things you want to be different in your life or about yourself. Take this time to fix what needs foxed and get your life straight.

Then when you are confident that your life is going how you want, or at least in that direction you can add bud back into your life. What I notice is I smoke a lot less when I start up again, and I respect the herb and myself a lot more. Then your life is going right AND you can have a little MJ onthe side.

Win win if you ask me.

4. Basically everything you said that you can't do in your post is the normal way everyone makes friends. So I am a little confused as well.

5. If you don't take to people in your dorm, in class, or on the street then what do you expect to happen? Just gotta get out there bro! Good luck blade.

6. ...I d normally say 'fucking loser'. But it's not a very nice thing to say. Weed will make you lethargic and demotivated. Don't listen to anyonr who says itherwise. I been there too. Either quit or smoke less. Start working out and try to get to the top 2 in your class. You should be 1 if possible. Soon enough, you will be asking yourself 'why should I talk with them?'.

7. yeah its not weed thats the problem. its me. i discovered this vaping heavily alone last weekend, in the acres upon acres of woods behind my house. i just have a terrible self image, and have always had friends kinda just happen, ive never really talked to anyone i dont know, at least not in a very friendly way. thanks, and yes i am a loser, ill admit that, but it can change right? it gets better and easier the more you talk and open up to new people. (sorry for this depressing and boring thread, i just have no one to talk to about this, so i hide behind a fake name on the internet)

8. It COULD be social anxiety. But burst your comfort bubble! And no need to apologize, most of us are nice people. :D

9. yeah im pretty sure i have some form of SA though ive never discussed it with a doctor, since i didnt know what it was until recently. how do you talk to a girl you dont know at all without being creepy?

10. Dude quit being a pussy, I will pass down the very awesome words my brother told me when it comes to pussy. It has helped me over my course on this earth.

Be bold direct and confident. You are thinking about it WAY to much and thats where your problem roots. See a cute girl? Go up and say hi and introduce yourself, just a simple "Hi my name is _____, whats your name?" Dont freaking stutter or look at the floor either just look right into her eyes and say that shit. Most of the time you think you are going to fail but ends up going a lot much better then what you think it was going to end up like.

Don't ever think of yourself as never good enough. Lifes to short and none of us got time for that bullshit. If you can make a girl feel comfortable then that is the key to pussy dude. Girls are just as horny as men if not worse and when it comes down to it girls are PEOPLE too! WHO would of thought that man!?

I remember when I was 16 and I was going over to a girls house and her friend was there too, I brought a bottle of liquor. We started drinking and then I finally reached the conclusion in my head that I wasnt going to get any ass. So I put my brain to work and just went in with the "whats the worse thing that can happen"/"who cares" attitude and surley it worked. I looked straight at the two bitches and I told them I didn't come to bring them liquor and talk about some bullshit. I came to see hot chicks making out and seeing titties. Sure enough an hour later I lost my damn virginity. Thanks to my brother making me realize so much shit about woman, and just social angst in general.

Of course though you want to be clean, dress decent and not smell like shit. Those factors have high impact on getting pussy.

11. Hahaha :D i read "stuck in a nut" awkward mental image.... :hide:

anyways OP, if you cant find the party then start it :hello:

12. so you'd just go up to a girl you didnt know and introduce yourself out of the blue?

where haha?

13. In my experiences, weed has helped me get many friends. Offer to smoke someone out to meet a new friend? Keeping holed up in your dorm will just make u more depressed(its been scientifically proven). It sounds dumb but going out for a run and getting some fresh air can make you happier and when ur happier you'll make more friends and be outgoing. Again, I can't speak for you but I don't feel like weed is making you any more of a loser than you already think you are. It's all in your ur head :)

14. yeah ill run monday but i kinda feel like boozing just to get away for a bit... im good at hiding it dont worry

15. Feeling the same way bro, just got dumped like 2 weeks ago and we had been dating for 9 months. We spent like every day all day with each other and now im just alone. Nobody but me just hanging out and what makes it worse is withen a week she already had another "boyfriend". But fuck it dude. You just gotta step back and look at the good things in life. Its really all about you attitude and how you look at the situation. So be positive and always smile! :D

And about the talking to girls thing, yeah it feels like your in a rut but if you are dont you kinda think all the girls are starting to get in a rut too? ill bet they are sick of talking to the guys they are talking to and would love to go on a date with someone new!!! :) So when you see a cute girl just smile and if she smiles back then good news, she thinks your cute too! hahah anyway one you guys smile and make eye contact just walk over and ask her what her name is. Easy as that, once you get a girl talking then it never stops. Pretty soon she will introduce you to her friends and invite you to partys and you will just keep meeting new people!

But goodluck and keep your head up!! Nobody wants to talk to someone who is sad and always talking down about themselves! So keep a smile on your face and be nice and friendly :wave:

16. Oh look.

Another "i smoke weed so i fail at life and i hate my self, this drug is so bad" thread.

What are you wanting from this?

Maybe you're just socially awkward. It's not the marijuana causing it, trust me.

17. Thats not what he's saying at all. Be a little more sensitive bud.

18. no snappinbowls is right its not the weeds fault at all. its all me and my mindset about myself and my self esteem. i just need to leave my comfort zone but im paralyzed by fear, of rejection, embarrassment, whatever.

this girl who led me on last year when we were both shitted but has a bf is in a bunch of my classes this year. i successfully put her out of my mind over the summer but now i cant stop thinking about her/ attempting to flirt

is it better to sever ties completely or just try to befriend her and hope she breaks up with her bf, (who goes to school about an hour away)?

19. Listen to me dude, you will meet people in your life overtime. You will realize how big our world really is. You will also realize the fact that people come and go and its impossible to please everyone in this world. The thing is YOU DON'T have to please everyone man. Just do what makes you happy.

Rejection? Lol who cares dude! Every guy gets rejected, doesn't mean shit and you really shouldn't worry about. Theres girls everywhere out there and just because some stuck up bitch with a high ego rejects you doesn't mean you should feel bad. Instead take the rejection and learn from it. This is where technique and perfection come into play.

Just like anything in life dude, you get better with practice. Let me give you an example, when you first rolled your first joint or blunt I surely bet it wasn't perfect. However, over time you got better, quicker, and more comfortable with it right? Same concept with having social encounters including girls. You will soon be able to read body language, face expressions, and your brain will be more prepared in social encounters. Soon it will become nothing, just like riding a bike man. You can just hop on that bike and ride with no care, even ride without handle bars.

See what I am getting at?

If you keep walling yourself off from girls and just meeting people you are not only just letting opportunities pass you by, but you are losing out on a very important skill. The skill of communication.

I remember man I thought just like you until I finally realized what it was all about man. You don't have to impress anyone or uphold a stupid social ego. Just be yourself and once people realize that you don't give a shit about all that shit and see that you can be yourself and just enjoy life they will respect that and they will want to be your friends man.

You probably yet to just break out of your shell, it will happen eventually and when it does you can look back at all of this and just laugh about it.

20. I feel somewhat similar at times man. I have friends but we have different interests. None of them know I smoke for the most part. During the week is all good cause me and my roomates hangout but on weekends i have trouble finding stuff to do. What ive been doing is just trying to talk to old friends and meet up with them, maybe just go places you wish you were and see whos there and meet people