Stuck in a rut... Again...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jizzledfreq, Jul 16, 2012.

1. #1 jizzledfreq, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    TL; DR - I honestly feel like my life is going absolutely nowhere. Every day it's the exact same thing.

Recently (May 30th) I was fired from a job I worked 10 hard months at over some bullshit, I'm unemployed and looked very hard for a job for the whole month of June. I've pretty much given up on trying to find any minimum wage job... But I'm planning to return to college this fall, but I don't know what I want to do or major in...

I'm 23 YO, I've got a car, it's registered, it's insured, living on my own with my GF and our 3 MO Baby Daughter.

I'm basically a recluse who sits at home all day, takes care of the baby, I have no friends at all, I live in a small town and have nothing to do, nowhere to go. It seems like all my other friends who live in other places have slowly just stopped talking to me...

Before I moved out here it was the same thing, I lived back home with my mom, sat around all day on the computer doing absolutely nothing, I tried looking hard for work but couldn't find any job... I did this for a whole year and a half...

I need some good old advice, what would you do if you were in my shoes? I'm starting to loose interest in things that I was once very fond of like playing my guitar, listening to music... I feel like I'm just going to be in this position forever...

2. nobody here can help you, you need to do things on your own. I know easier said than done.

shouldnt have had a baby, im the same age as you and i cant even imagine having a baby right now.

3. you gotta bitch to fuck and a roof

why you complaining ?

4. Go back to college and get somewhere in life. If you don't, you're just going to spend the rest of your life struggling and your baby will suffer too. If you have the willpower, you can do it

5. [quote name='"HomeAllDayHerbz"']you gotta bitch to fuck and a roof

why you complaining ?[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

6. You have to want it, don't give up!!

Persevere and no matter what you'll find a way. The human brain will find a way to survive if you keep trying and trying and trying.

Take this for what it's worth, but I'm also a huge believer in positive thinking. Find a reason to wake up and be happy. Good things will come sooner or later!

7. You could "hustle" if you know what i mean and make bank but that isn't very smart or you can continue looking for a job, get an education, maybe even go to church or something and most importantly, read. Books I think you can get for free with a public library card, not only will you be gaining more knowledge but you'll pass the time quicker towards something useful.

8. Get one of those baby carriers that strap on and take some nice trips with the baby. :smoke:

9. #9 Mithrandir, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    I can't stand people who use the internet to vent their personal problems and bitch about how shitty their life is to everyone. Most people have shitty lives, and many of them are way more fucked up than yours is. Stuff a tampon in your vagina and shut the hell up. Wow, you don't have many friends? Join the club. Besides, if you're unemployed and raising a 3 month old child, you have way bigger problems than not having friends and being a recluse. Get off your ass, find a job, and man up for the family you're raising.

Uncalled for and unnecessary - WW

10. Computer engineer. They make good buck

11. No need for such negativity bro. I said I have been looking hard for the whole month of June, turned in applications, resumes, went into the places face to face, made calls, never got one interview or call back. I went to pretty much every single place in my town.

I'm planning on returning to college to Minor in General Education until I find out what I want to do with my life, live off student loans until find out what it is I want to do. I want to take a Spanish class to relearn what I've forgotten since high school and to help me understand Russian Grammer a little better. :D

12. I can relate man. You gotta handle this yourself though. Don't give up and something will come along. Stay active.

13. #13 Mithrandir, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    Sorry for the negativity op. It's been a rough day

14. you take care of your child every day and you think your life is going nowhere?!

seriously dude? you're doing great. keep up the good work!

15. I forgive you :)

16. just curious, does your GF work or is she around the house most of the day too? If she's at home too, then you should have no problem going to college. And your only 23, you'll still fit right in. i'm sure at college you could meet some new friends as well. sounds like it is truly your best bet to get more friends and to help you find a better job in the long run. Good luck

17. Grow and sell marijuana.

If it's legal ;).

18. I know EXACTLY how you feel man!

I just hit 18 recently and before that I was home schooled and did all my school online. I sat at the house all day everyday literally just rotting away.. and after turning 18 and getting a new car I'm still in the same situation! All I do is listen to music and TRY to find SOMETHING on the internet to do.. I'm not a facebook kinda person.. especially since just like you all my friends have slowly stopped talking to me and now I have 1 friend that I hang out with every now and then.. and thats if I have the gas money because I live in the country and anything and everything is 30-40 mins away.

I feel like my soul is withering away.. I feel like my heart has shrunk and I just don't love or have hopes and dreams as strong as I used to.. I'm still trying to figure a way out of this funk so I don't know what to really tell u other then.. Smoke weed.. if u sit at home all day and do nothing u might as well be stoned right?

I've been looking for a job too man and its so flippin hard to get one.. I've done fast food and I don't want to go back to it but I'm starting to think its my only option.

I know one thing I'm having a hard time do is decide what my purpose or what I want to do in life for the rest of my life. I think you should sit down and think about the future and try to figure out what ur hopes and dreams are.. and then hit the ground running and just put everything u have into that.. and also ur family :p

19. Build something if youre feeling shitty. It'll occupy your mind, youll accomplish something, and you'll learn. I always feel good after making things.

20. She works from like 9-4 most days. She's going to quit soon and we're both going to go back to college, her mom will watch the baby for us until we graduate.

Unfortunately I have no more money left so I can't buy weed, and I'm not one to ask for a front.

I'm down to grow but I'll never sell marijuana, while I'm sure many deals would go smooth as a whistle there is always a chance some dumb ass would try to rob me at gun point.