stuck between optic led (optic 8) Horticulture lighting group, spider farmer,/California lightworks

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by John Dilinger, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Stuck between these three company’s on best lights to buy, oh forgot to mention spider farmer, I’m looking for something 500 true watts or more, no less. Caught between which one would best. E suited as my flower tent light, if you guys have any experience it would be dope to hear, much appreciated.

2. Invisible Sun LED ISH530

Lumatek Zeus

Just to add more confusion

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

3. Was it HlG and spider farmer that are like the two same exact models but different manufactures?

4. This what I was worried about lol

5. Also, with the CLAIM that the optic 8 will produce 2.5 gpw at best, what would one like the ish530 produce per watt, would you say? cuz I’ve seen a guy on YouTube say he pulled two pounds with the optic granted, he knew what he was doing, there’s guys out there claiming to have grown close to a p with 300w

6. I average 1.8 with my ISH265. It's about quality for me anyway. Lowest you should expect from top line LEDs is 1.5. Quality was way better than HPS for me. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

7. Bet I’m just tryna figure which one I want because I’m for sure going with led, that’s all I use, I’ve thought about using hps to beef up the side light to make more density, but for the most part I’m just looking for a panel over 500 watts for a flower room cuz I’m begging and flowering with a kind xl750

8. Go for 2 or 4 lights over a single fixture. Their pre made ones just don’t have the spread to do the job by themselves. What space? also I would put spider farmer in the same catagory as mars rather than hlg, even though they have that top tier price tag..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I’m not sure the size just yet, I have 10x10x8 to dedicate to framing an efficient perpetual to support my habit, just don’t know how exactly I’m gonna do it I have a kind xl750 for veg right now

10. It’s a big space. What’s your budget?

11. Id go with multiple single boards or smaller fixtures diyed with strips. First being easier, second more work.
    Count 2-4 square feet covered per single board, hlg quantum board, qb96(very good deal right now) or china board. Run tthe harder, 120w and they cover a 2x2, run the softer and lower and theyll cover less but witth better spread and light levels, thus less watts total.

If you buy the lights with boards stacked close to eachother you get more light and higher hanging height but less spread. So 4 single boards will work better tthan a 4 board light.

Get your budget numbers together and it will be easier to help.

If your willing to do basic diy the basic components for a 240w / 2 qb96 fixture is about 200$ or even less, and youd have 2 points of light and use a trusted company, should work for a 4x2 but ideally id use more qb96 per area than 2. Since the booard plus heatsink should only be about 62$ with RIU10 discount code i think its worth it.