stubborn seed won't germinate

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pushu, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I am germinating my free seeds from a recent order to attitude seeds using the paper towel method.
    4 out of 5 germinated within 48 hours but one seed (dellahaze) refuses to sprout after a full week.\

Is there anything I can do to encourage sprouting or could I just have a bad seed?

2. Do you put it in a sandwich bag? What are your temperatures? Seed germination was the hardest part for me but I was using bagseeds.

3. put in a ziploc bag and stick it on top of something warm. I put it on top of my internet modem and have 100 percent success with my attitude order so far.

Your seed could be a dud though, I wonder if attitude uses their freebies as a way to move older stock out?

4. You could take fine sand paper and rub the seed but not too much.

5. I do have it in wet paper towels, inside a sandwich bag and in a warm dark space. the other seeds germinated within 2 days and it has now been 8 days. the seed doesn't look any different than when I put it in there - no mold or anything like that, but no swelling either.
    I think it will give your suggestion a go deadkndys... is the purpose of that to break the shell enough to allow moisture to get inside?

6. Yup.

________