Stubborn friend won't accept weed?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Durb, Jun 6, 2012.

1. I'd rather change something about my lifestyle that I've only been doing for a while now than lose a friendship of 17 years, I've just said that. Funnily enough, I value my good friendships above weed :confused: Crazy I know. It's not being whipped, it's called having fucking priorities.

Thanks man :) You've got it, people like him coming on here and telling me to fuck off my friend :confused: crazy. Anyway, I think I'll just show her some of these articles and hopefully eventually she'll come around. If anyone still has any ideas or opinions I'd be happy to have them :D

2. You can't really show people articles and expect them to see it. They need to "want" to do the research. If my friend came up to me was like "omg this guyz the best muzician evar".. I would ignore him, never looking up the asshole who sings bad music. Yet, if my friend started cutting himself, and I noticed he wore T-shirts with this band on it all the time I would research the fuck out of it to learn what's happening. Tell her to do the research if she is that concerned about it. You DO NOT need to break off the friendship. No relationship between 2 people is perfect, but there are boundaries. You need to keep smoking to yourself until she comes around. You could also meet her one day, just barely stoned but slightly squinty. Act normal, don't fight. Then hang out with her another day and drink till you go crazy. Next morning ask her which she prefers to be around. What I did, nobody wants to be around me drunk.

3. if she doesnt like it, she doesnt like it. pretty simple to understand. leave it out of conversations and dont toke around her

4. She has immaturity issues. Wait till she grows up a little.

5. Why don't you just let her think what she wants? Who cares? lol

6. A real friend wouldn't try to force you not to do something. Friends are people who accept you for who you are. Weed obviously isn't hurting you and you showed her the facts, but she still won't leave it alone. And being book smart has nothing to do with this (talking about what you replied to me).. she's being immatue about this and letting it come between you guys.

Its not about losing a friend its about being able to do as you wish in your life. Anyone who tries to force me to stop doing something that isnt hurting me can fuck off. Either they get over it and not let our difference in oppinion come between our friendship or they can fuck off. Simple

But hey, do what you want man.