Struggling to decide if this is a hermie or a landrace sativa of some sort

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by randomhighass, Dec 5, 2018.

1. I have some seeds I got from a friend from a quarter oz or something of what he said was good nug. It looked like feminized seeds so I decided to pop one as a test. It’s been in flower now for 11 days and is showing me sighs of potential pollen sacs but also signs of female flowers just in a long skinny stature, I know there’s foxtailing style strains especially old school sativas and this appears to be a sativa. Here’s some pictures of it now in flower, and during veg when I was first getting signs of preflowering a few weeks back. I see the distinct white hair for female preflowers but is that a male preflower too? Potential hermie? Or just a different type of strain like a landrace? I would think it would tell me by now but I don’t want to wait before it’s too late, thankfully it’s the only one in my tent right now. But this could also mean a decent amount of time wasted if it is a hermie. Opinions would be appreciated thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Purple on the right is a Male

not so sure of the rest

good luck

3. Thought so. Just didn’t want to admit it... thanks I guess I’ll just pul it under my cheap cfl in another room and throw in my good one. Should spraying my new plant down with water ensure no cross pollination? I don think 10 days is enough to even produce a bit of pollen but you guys tell me. Thanks for the help

4. If they have, and they look ready to pop. To late now. Get rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Yeah just did some thinking too, don’t have time or space for it. I even took a clone of this not knowing it was male/hermie. So I’m just gonna chop it. No sense putting a big ass male to collect pollen anyways, that scares me. I don’t think using a legit hermies pollen is the smartest breeding prospect anyways for fem seeds I think silver would be a safer method. Thanks all.

6. How the hell can you tell they’re feminizes seeds by looking at them?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Profile pic looks like a human version of a “Lorax”

11592874-8EDE-40A8-A6AB-5820B9931344.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. [​IMG]
    Never been called a Lorax before lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Feminized seeds usually have a more concave end on one side than regular ones. If you use the most concave seeds odds are they’ll turn out female. This though I’m pretty sure is a hermie this doesn’t look like a male to me. It doesn’t matter tho I chopped it and put a female in.