struck gold...almost

Discussion in 'General' started by Wilseph, Apr 9, 2005.

1. A reliable source (ex-employee) has told me a store in my town doesnt drug test and may be hiring. He said they only do if you have a criminal record. Im pretty sure I dont, but not positive. About two years ago when i was 16 i was dumb and stole a lighter from a supermarket and got caught. The security guy didnt call the cops, just my dad, but he said he "couldve called the police if he wanted to.", but it had somethin to do w/ me being under the age of 17 at the time. He filled out some sheet, but no cops ever came and i didnt see or speak to any cops that day or ever about it. So my question is that u have to be arrested, or at least a cop would have to be there, in order for me to have a criminal record right?(plus wouldnt I have to be informed?) This supermarket is also in my town, so theres no way the store im apllying to would find out right? Im applying to a retail/ clothing store

2. Even though I doubt you'd have anything to worry about anyway, isn't your record wiped clean at age 18?

3. idk i know zip bout the law

4. im sure youd know about it if you got a formal caution.
    they dont do it by post you know!

5. I don't know if it's just my state or not, but here your record is wiped clean at 18.

6. anyone else?

7. Dont Check That Part On The Application

8. so they dont do extensive background checks?

9. If its a normal little store i highly doubt they do a background check... just incase maybe you should start drinking alot of water and having some green tea :-D

10. Ya dont have to worry bout it dude...Unless the cops came and the store owner filed a complaint and a report was written up and signed by you, you dont have a record...It wasnt even brought to the cops attention if you didnt hear from em so dont worry...What you can do is go to a police station and ask for a copy of your criminal record and say its for a job...They wont think twice and they will say wether or not you have one...

Good Luck and I hope I didnt post to late.

11. nope not too late thanx

12. anyone else? not tryin to be rude lol, just wanna keep it going for another day
    -ps- does anyone know if most pizza chains, ie* papa gino's , drug tests?