Stronger Than Grunge Off?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by USSChallenger, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I've spent the past week trying to get some very tough resin off one of my pieces. So far I have:
    -shaken with 99% iso to get most of the claim out
    -warmed tube with scorching hot water then shook with 91%iso+salt, rinsed with more scalding water - twice
    -soaked for 24 hr with grunge off then repeated previous step - twice
    -soaked again with go - 48+hrs

Its now been 48 hours since I started the last round of grunge off, I just checked the areas that are still dirty and they look exactly the same as they did after the second soak. I've never had resin that has stood up to a 24 hour GO soak before, and there was only about 2 weeks worth of bho claim build up, which I can usually take care of with just iso + salt. So please help me blades, are there any cleaners/cleaning methods that can take care of build up even grunge off can't?

2. the 420 cleaner works every time for me...

3. Use 420 Cleaner. I've had it work very often and quite well. Works on some of the most stubborn pieces of glass, too.

4. Top 3 cleaners for me:

Simple Green
    91% iso (don't usually get 99 locally I guess)
    Formula 420.

What's Grunge Off? It sounds like those caustic chemicals to remove tar from surfaces in which it's like paint thinner and I would NOT be putting that crap anywhere near where my lungs are going. Ever ever ever. Super sketchy.

5. ^^^ Grunge off is safe to use, tons of high end collectors use it. Just make sure that you rinse it out very well just like with any solvent.

@OP try simple green!

6. grunge off is the shit im surprised its not totally cleaning your piece for you... and 420 formula is terrible, try bling their both made by the same company but bling is newer

7. Oh ok just googled it and see its a pipe cleaner.

Grunge off sounds too much like that Goof-Off stuff that people huff.

8. You can use just about anything to do the cleaning. Just rinse the hell out of it with hot and Luke warm water

9. LOTS of Powderd dish washer soap and HOT water. must be powder version not liquid dish soap. also zep citrus degreaser is the same thing as Grunge Off and it is 13 bucks a gallon at home depot. saves a ton of money.

10. Is your go older or is it fresh? I've found sometimes if I go a little to long between switching out my bottles it pretty much stops working.

11. GO and Citrus Degreaser both are highly effective Cleaner/Degreaser thats Reusable. They can both eat logos and smell like citrus. 
    That being said the formulas aren't exactly identical, different smells, colors, etc... but the end result is arguably identical resin gone glass sparkling clean 

It gets my glass clean every night... so ill take the $10 for a gallon to each his own.

Id say at $10 every one should try the stuff as an alternative, your not waisting to much cash for a gallon of this stuff.

now i understand how people feel with real user results vs. a company spiel of BS., totally understand that. in regards to people testing CERTIFIED REAL PRODUCTS for our SMOKING INDUSTRY, and posting the results NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. 

SO I WILL POST A REAL WORLD AFFORDABLE PRODUCT that is designed by weedsmokers for weedsmokers and is affordable for weedsmokers!

the prouduct KUSH CLEAN is WAY STRONGER than Grunge Off, it is 100% reusable over and over like NO OTHER CLEANER I HAVE USED! i bought mine on amazon here are the reviews which got me to even think about their awesome product!  they also sell it on their site 420KushClean.com

now i love grunge off but once i found Kush Clean i will never buy the Grunge Rip again! staight up! KUSH CLEAN IS WAY STRONGER AND FASTER AT CLEANING THAN GRUNGE OFF also! check out the company's video! KUSH CLEAN was the only cleaner i could find a full video without it being edited, without it cutting out scenes! Their KUSH CLEAN [video=youtube;FyPrA1wtHGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyPrA1wtHGQ[/video] shows us HOW WEAK GRUNGE OFF REALLY IS COMPARED TO KUSH CLEAN, A SIDE BY SIDE VIDEO NEVER LEAVING FOCUS. THE RESIN FALLS TO THE BOTTOM. AND AT HALF THE PRICE!!!!!!!! NOW Why can't people review shit like this, with research and safety and money saving as their focus
    WE HAVE OUR OWN INDUSTRY AS POT SMOKERS FOR A REASON, with companies who do profit, of course they do,..... but they research safe ways! GRUNGE OFF AND KUSH CLEAN ARE BOTH SAFE AND HIS CHEAP METHOD IS NOT!

oh yeah they sell it on their site shop also 420KushClean.com/shop i picked up the 19mm ground glass on glass Stopper from their site which makes any cleaner easier to use be it Kush Clean, Grunge Off, 420 Cleaner, or ISO Salt

12. #12 FatZip818OG, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    honestly you might have mold that grew in with the resin. in this case cleaners will not work until you kill that first. 
    35% hydrogen peroxide (sold at hydro stores) or clorox concentrated bleach not any other brand other bleaches are watered down or OxyClean

let them soak with one of those, then of course rinse thoroughly
    but word of advice wear gloves with the peroxide as it is dangerous to touch at such high concentrations without burning

some molds do grow in still dirty unchanged water, they look greyish black like resin scum leftovers so keep that in mind.

you can also try Kush Clean - which is way stronger than Grunge Off. its reusable over and over and half the price 

[SIZE=11pt]now i love grunge off but once i found Kush Clean i will never buy the Grunge Rip again! staight up! KUSH CLEAN IS WAY STRONGER AND FASTER AT CLEANING THAN GRUNGE OFF also! check out the company's video! KUSH CLEAN was the only cleaner i could find a full video without it being edited, without it cutting out scenes! Their KUSH CLEAN VIDEO on youtube shows us HOW WEAK GRUNGE OFF REALLY IS COMPARED TO KUSH CLEAN, A SIDE BY SIDE VIDEO NEVER LEAVING FOCUS. THE RESIN FALLS TO THE BOTTOM. AND AT HALF THE PRICE!!!!!!!! NOW Why can't people review shit like this[/SIZE]

13. Those 2 posts above me was basically advertisment lmao