Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

stronger brownies after freezing

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by kastashado, Oct 25, 2011.

1. I made a tray of brownies 2 weeks ago using some mango kush (1/8th...3.5 g) and they were strong as fuck. I decided to freeze the rest and then try 1/2 a size brownie before work. To put that in perspective...the tray yielded 20 brownies. It was an 8 by 8 tray, so they weren't real big. So, to take 1/2 a brownie was more like eating a small piece of fudge. Even still, I noticed I was FUCKED UP.....like psilocybin tripped out FUCKED UP -just off that little half!!!! I thought maybe I got a real strong side of it. I decided to wait another two days and tried another piece from another section......just the same, EXTREMELY FUCKED UP! I have decided that if you freeze your brownies for a week, then the oil in the brownies will finish extracting the THC and make them monumentally much stronger. If anyone has experienced this let me know because a 50/eighth can last SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much longer this way!

2. how did you make them?
    meaning-what recipe did you use?

3. Many tutorials have suggested that freezing the canna-oil/butter -before filtering or afterwards- to increase the bio-availability for your body.

I am unsure how this process works in theory, but i have a feeling it may have stemmed from the idea of freezing your bud or trim BEFORE extracting to encourage trichomes falling off. I would love to find some evidence supporting the bio-availability potentiation theory!

4. so you say an 8th of chronic per batch of brownies makes them come out pretty potent? and then freezing them makes them very potent?

5. Woah woah woah, you got stoned off like .1 of some kush brownies? Like shit...

6. 3.5/20 = .175.....so that's .175 per brownie u had half of a brownie so that .0875....and that got u FUCKED UP ? seems legit

7. I'm just reporting what i've noticed in my own experience, but yeah....that little amount worked wonders for my head. You have to remember that premo Kush is usually 20-25% thc and through a careful extraction process with oil you will consume most of that versus wasting a lot through the oxidation process that comes from toking. Another note on Kush is that it is mainly indica, if not total indica versus a sativa high so it has the potential for a strong and heavy body high. I would love to find some extremely strong sativa strains and try with that, but where I'm at almost all crippy/headies are indica dominant and only really reveal themselves as so after consumption.

8. Not just me, everyone I've given them to agrees that these were strong as fuck, especially for the little amount everyone ate. I believe it all comes down to how slow you extract the THC and how much is extracted and the level of bio-availability. By using a low heat source over a period of several hours, the THC bonds to the oil and extracts it at a much higher percentage rate then say trying to heat the oil up for 1/2 an hour or so then adding the herb. I've noticed in my culinary conquests that slow preparation adds to the intensity.
    Now on the other issue of freezing, perhaps the freezer itself didn't have the effect, it's possible that time alone might be the variable that led to a greater intensity. I'm unsure of which variable played a larger part. Either way....they were stronger after a few nights. To be fair, remember that I never strained the herb from the oil, so after sitting, whatever hydrolization that didn't occur beforehand did afterwards.

9. Not just me, everyone I've given them to agrees that these were strong as fuck, especially for the little amount everyone ate. I believe it all comes down to how slow you extract the THC and how much is extracted and the level of bio-availability. By using a low heat source over a period of several hours, the THC bonds to the oil and extracts it at a much higher percentage rate then say trying to heat the oil up for 1/2 an hour or so then adding the herb. I've noticed in my culinary conquests that slow preparation adds to the intensity.
    Now on the other issue of freezing, perhaps the freezer itself didn't have the effect, it's possible that time alone might be the variable that led to a greater intensity. I'm unsure of which variable played a larger part. Either way....they were stronger after a few nights. To be fair, remember that I never strained the herb from the oil, so after sitting, whatever hydrolization that didn't occur beforehand did afterwards.

10. so you say you cooked the oil on a lower temp for longer, can i get the temperature and how long you cooked it? i just find it hard to believe that 3.5gs of funk makes 20 dank ass brownies

11. i have to wonder just how potent they atually were myself considering....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...tive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html
    uses 5.0 grams sifted hash.........for 15 doses.....

i am willing to believe that you felt something from those brownies...but just how potent.......?

what extraction recipe/method did you(OP) use?

12. Lower tolerance could be a large factor here.

.5g Firecrackers use to wreck me, now 1g-.75g is needed for the same effect.

13. I use extra virgin olive oil...works better for me than plain old canola oil, plus it tastes better. Slow heat it over 2 hours, using a thermometer to never let it get over 280 degrees. I usually turn it off as soon as I hit that temp, then let it cool down completely before baking. I DON'T STRAIN THE HERB. Just use that mixture with betty crocker or duncan hines mix, egss, and follow the recipe on the box.
    Yes tolerance does make a big difference, im not an everyday user, but method of injestion also makes a difference. Just try it out for yourself....but do it right.

14. i can usually count a single dose the way i would smoke it.....
    how ever much i would need to smoke for a decent buzz.....
    is usually right on for a dose of peanutbutter edibles....

im not doubting you got high....just curious as to the actual potency....i personally would have used more;):smoke: