Stripped and raped

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MountyBounty, Feb 13, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wevAWr5vtig]YouTube - 4409 -- Stripped and Raped[/ame]

This video is one of the best I have found on the mathematics relating to the Federal Income Tax. Let's End the Fed :smoking:

2. No, no! We need our welfare! We need our subsidies! Think of the children! Think of the poor! Think of the seniors! Things are expensive because corporations are just evil and greedy! Business is corrupt! Don't take our nanny-warfare-welfare-state away from us!!! How can we possibly make it on our own?!?! We can't be responsible! Who cares about morality?!

/sarcasm

In before leftists come in spouting the above bullshit.

3. No response? Typical...

4. Very very good video

5. #5 starcecil, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
    I'm leftist but I still think that is f-ed, but personally if there wasn't some regulation it would be bad.... there needs to be some but yea there is and can be way too much.

Everyone bitches about taxes but this is how I see it... if it wasn't for taxes we wouldnt have schools and roads and everything else that makes living in a modern nation a luxery

6. Fixed. :smoking:

7. What makes you think the market can't provide these services more efficiently?

8. At a price probably higher than they are now...

We live in a capatilist society, people look to make a dime any where.

How do you explain the power outages in california and enron running rampant. Look what they did, all to make a buck because they were wallowing in million dollar deficits. Why? Because they weren't responsible with spending and people got greedy and took a piece.

9. You do realize the state of California was fixing prices in the energy market? They capped retail prices, but let wholesale prices run wild. They also granted monopoly privilege to those with the greatest connections, such as Enron. Far from a free market.

The market saw it coming.

10. What makes you think the government is any less corrupt?

11. #11 starcecil, Feb 14, 2010

All of those facts came after signing the free energy bill which was to allow them to regulate themselves.

Also look at the banks, let to run free and look where everything has led to and the banks just make it worse.

I never said it wasn't less corrupt. I said there needs to be some ( not heavy) but some regulation on certain things. Things which should be available to everyone that are fortunate enough to live in america.

Affordable heating, plumbing, hopefully somewhere to live ( if you are too lazy to make something of their self then that's their own fault.) Welfare is a completely different story and was f-d from day 1

But do you know why nothing ever gets changed. Because these people that work for or are high up in these big businesses go on to become heads of things they used to work in like the FDA for example. So they don't want regulation on things they make money on.

So see I think the gov't is just as corrupt.

12. No, the more competition in the market there is the lower prices will be since everybody is trying to undercut his competition's prices in a greedy effort to get more money from the consumer. The education system now is such that the state has a monopoly on education and can therefore charge whatever price they want. Sales are taxed over 60% and almost half of your income is taxed if you factor in inflation... do you really think you as an individual are getting what you pay for with these inefficient government programs? The consumer is always better at regulating the market.

Correct, which is why (in a free market) if there is a monopoly that is ripping off the consumer or providing a poor product somebody else will enter the market and provide a better good at a lower price.

Not even sure what you are talking about here... this is just another industry fraught with regulation where risk is removed. The only reason these corporations get deficits in the first place is because regulation shuts out any competitors. Other industries operate without any concern for debt since they know the taxpayers will end up bailing them out anyway.

I've seen a certain challenge posed by Shade and aaronman recently... can you name any case where the consumer is exploited without the use of the state?

13. Havn't you read into enron? The last part I was talking about... after enron was already in trouble they went on to run a huge electricity grid all throughout california. They found by forcing rolling blackouts they could get more money out of people worried there was a bigger shortage. There's is loads of info that got uncovered these past years.

Also go back and read, I added some more stuff when I edited about why I think the gov't is corrupt too

Also yea the education system may have a monopoly but that is not k-12 schools that is colleges. They can charge w/e they want and their funding isnt really dependent on what the govt gives them.

14. #14 edward, Feb 14, 2010
    I haven't read into Enron... I just assumed it was the same old bullshit with the big evil corporation being the scapegoat for a system fundamentally flawed.

Maybe you can help me understand though. So they cut off people's electricity so people will give them more money? How does fucking over their customers help Enron when in a free market their customers could just go to a different energy company? Maybe it was the case that the entire energy infrastructure in California was dominated by a few corporations... that wouldn't happen if competitors were allowed to enter the market.

Check out the article aaronman posted... it explains that the supposed freer market bill was just the opposite.

15. "nanny-warfare"
    what exactly does this refer to?
    i dono if you know the cost of war but if we end the wars we're in then we would spend a lot less fucking money. and im talking taxpayers. since 2001, the avg price paid per taxpayer is like $7203.

16. After that bill Enron basically had a monopoly. Don't you remember years back about those rolling blackouts in cali? That was all enron related. One of there guys was calling up plants they owned having them make up excuses to close down.

Also you are right about the people undercutting and regulating themselves but you also have to take in to account how many people are actually going to be in the "race" so to speak. Eventually once a company gets big enough they will try to buyout their competition in hopes of making more money.

That's what walmart has been known to do. They come in and in smaller places its the only thing they have, all the smaller places close down because they can't afford the prices ( the gov'ts fault among many other things like not being able to negotiate large sums - an inherent flaw in capitalism... if left unchecked it leads to monopolies) any way... then when all those places moved out and closed down they have been known to raise prices.

Did you know walmart advocates for its workers to get on welfare? A multi billion dollar corporation wanting its employees to get on welfare and utilize strained public services because they are too greedy to pay out.

17. Banks aren't free either, they're heavily regulated along with or monetary system which is completely managed by the state and the Fed--these were the main causes of the crisis, and this isn't opinion, this is verifiable fact.

This statement is a clear indication that you either a) don't know what a free market is or b) don't know the intricacies of the current markets; in either case these are probably things you'd want to know if you mean to engage in any sort of meaningful, informative discussion about either.

This is completely false as well. Because the state has a monopoly on law, and thus regulation of markets and business, this gives them the power to directly influence markets and business. Businesses take advantage of this through lobbying, which they use to advocate regulation in their favor in any way they can, usually resulting in forms of coercive monopolies facilitated by the state and their regulatory power. The state not only allows for this behavior, they encourage it. And the simple fact is these types of practices wouldn't be possible without the state.

18. #18 edward, Feb 14, 2010
    Right, so we've established that they had a monopoly because of government interference.

In a free market companies don't become so much larger than their competitors that they can afford to buy them... the market would be stratified however, with the most successful businesses being the ones that satisfy consumer demand the best.

And the only reason Wal-Mart can afford to offer lower prices is because regulatory laws like minimum wage aren't as much of a burden on them, because they can afford to buy in larger amounts (the only reason they can do this is because they are bigger than everybody else), and I'm sure a host of other corporate-favoring regulations.

19. No I didn't know that. I searched google and could only find nonsensical articles claiming that because people who work for Wal Mart are likely to be welfare recipients this is somehow Wal Mart's fault. Last I checked, those people voluntarily applied for the job.

I also found that Wal Mart covers about 50% of its employees, 5% higher than the national average for private sector.

There is something that Wal Mart is an advocate of, and even lobbies for. Higher minimum wage laws. Think you know why they would do that?

20. Wouldn't have anything to do with making it harder for smaller competitors to pay their workforce, while at the same time making it look like they care about the 'little guy' to the average sheep now would it?:rolleyes:
    Sadly, I don't doubt that someone will be advocating higher minimum wage in the next few posts...