stretching

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by picklemaster3333, Jan 19, 2017.

1. need help guys I might be asking alot of dumb question but this thing is about 5 days above soil and the past 2 mornings she has looked like this the light is about 8 inches away

Attached Files:

2. Hi, what kind of light are you using?

3. Assuming you're using CFLs, bring it down closer to the plant. Don't start plants in clear containers. Roots are never supposed to be exposed to light during a grow...Solo cups work much better to start seeds in that coke bottles. You also have soil issues here. These plants require a soil mix that is VERY light and arid and do not like their roots sitting in wet conditions, so it's imperative that you use a soil mix that is loaded up with perlite or something else to aerate it. I suggest spending the money and buying a bag of formulated grow soil. We use Roots Organics Original and I grow my plants from birth to death in this soil alone, no additional nutes. If you understand when and how to repot a plant, a simple repot into a slightly larger container and some fresh soil will continue to feed your plant without you having to deal with it. Don't suggest using Auto strains as they are more finicky and don't deal well with stress. The word is that they also don't like to be repotted...which makes no sense to me, but I don't grow them so I don't know. As a grower, I want to be in control of the plant...not the other way around. But keep it simple and it will go better. Lighting is the most important piece of equipment in an indoor grow. In comparison to the sun, the ultimate light source, man has nothing that will come close so it's imperative if you want to get a decent size plant and any weight at harvest, that you have enough wattage of good quality light/correct spectrum for flower as well as plenty of space for each plant to grow so it's not crowded out by other plants which will shade light from reaching below the canopy of the plant. CFLs are fine for the veg process. We use them too...not because they are the greatest, but because they are cool and don't have to set up yet another ducting, fans, etc. But when it comes to flowering off a plant, the CFLs will only let you down big time. They just aren't strong enough to get the job done IMO. So while you're vegging your plants, be preparing for the flower cycle and making sure you'll have adequate light to get it to put out like it should. Read up on tending a MJ plant with an indoor grow. There are some basics...like the soil mix, drainage, watering (when to water...the biggest mistake by new growers), etc., that you need to know to keep your plant healthy. You'll learn them one way or another, so do your plant a favor and learn them ahead of time so the plant doesn't have to go through unnecessary stress and setbacks along the way because you chose the "fly by the seat of the pants" method starting out. Everything you would need to know is logged here hundreds of times over and you can seach using the "search bar" at the top of the forums page any topic, idea, etc., you might be needing info on. Hope all goes well. One more thing: If your plant is stretching, bring light closer. If your plant seems to be short and stubby, pull the light away. The lighting determines everything these plants do so you need to use it to your plant's advantage. TWW

4. I'm using 2x 750 lumen 45watt LET and a ultra bright 60watt cfl. Plus sum in nice days here are my seedlings think they look great your ok bud don't think it's stretching just growing

5. To much stretching @ jay, you using a fan to build the stock? 750 lumen is low BTW.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stretching means the plant needs more light ... Plain and simple.

Move the light closer or get a better light

• Like Like x 2
  7. under the led now looking beautiful

8. Mine looking gorgeous got t5