Stretched too much?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bibo2222, Jan 21, 2020.

1. #1 Bibo2222, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    IMG_20200121_114836.jpg IMG_20200121_114848.jpg Hello all,
    This is my first time growing cannabis (or any kind of plant actually), and I've been reading alot about the right way to grow indoors to try to get everything right and now my plant is 1 week old.
    I have a bit of limited resources when it comes to getting expensive LED growing light and all due to where i live. So my setup is is as follows :
    2 LED 55W white LED (110W total) - 18 inches above plant
    Good soil with perlite
    Custom made grow box covered with foil.

I would like to know if the plant looks healthy.
    Is it too stretched given that it's only 1 week old?
    Pictures attached

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Yes. Lower u light. I make crutches out of wire and wood skewers to make props. If u have room for a little too soil u can add to bury it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is there any guidelines that says how much of the stem should covered with soil?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks papa puff, how close should i put my LEDs then?, as most of what I've read stated 18 inches on average should be the distance between the plant and the LED

• Like Like x 2
  5. Give her an inch above dirt good luck

Sent from my Alcatel_5059R using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 18"

Sent from my Alcatel_5059R using Tapatalk

7. Thanks alot hunter, but currently it's 18" that's why I'm confused about the stretch happening

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not really. I would bury about half that stem

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would get a fan blowing between ur light and plants. Nice steady air. Put it hand under the light and on the tops of the plants. If it doesn't get uncomfortable try a couple of inches maybe? Plants yield Mitch better when squatty

• Like Like x 2
  10. It's always hard to get your sweet spot. I have the same issues. I use hortilux CMH lights. Hunter would be able to help you with the quantum board type lights

• Like Like x 1
  11. Will try these little tips then. Thanks alot papa Puff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Do you have a link to the leds you're using so we can get more information. Just saying 55 watts doesn't mean much.

• Like Like x 2
  13. #15 Bibo2222, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    I'm using 2 of them, that's 110W in total.
    And the only info on the package are :
    Lumens : around 4000
    Temperature : 6500k
    Unfortunately they are a local brand (i don't live in the US so we have a bit of limited options when it comes to growing lights :/) with pretty much no other info besides what's written on the package

• Like Like x 2
  14. Got a pic of the packaging? Or a brand name?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hello killset, I've found this link with some info about the LED
    high power bulb – Al Taqa

Also here's a pic of the specs on the package

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. If I were you I would swap those Led's out for CFL's if you can. They are better for the seedling stage cause you can put them very close (2-4 inches) so you dont get stretch. Then switch out to the led's after 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks framia, I'll look into high quality CFL bulbs, but can't i just lower the LED since they are not emitting much heat anyway?

• Like Like x 2
  18. I just use plain old 23 watt 6400k cfls's. I have a buddy that used led's on seedlings and when they were too close they had light stress and too far they stretched a lot. The CFL's kept close make the plants stay short and stout 20200102_084718.jpg

• Like Like x 2