Stressing Plant before harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KyungYi, Oct 2, 2007.

1. I quite successful grower buddy of mine was sharing knowledge with me the other day. He said that before he harvests, he takes a knife and cuts the stem in half and jams a stick into the cut to keep the stem split. He said he then feeds it nurtients which the plant abosrbs more quickly because it's stressed and trying to survive after being split. Sounds like it makes sense, but does anyone know if this technique has merit??
    Thanks!

2. This is a technique that commerical growers use in South America. But, by stressing it out your losing some of the harvest. It is usally done in the last weeks of harvest. If you do decide to do this remember more stress causes better bud but less quanity.

3. Just before you harvest meaning the 2 weeks before you harvest the idea is to flush your plants ..You do not want your plants to absorb nutes during the last two weeks before harvest. So stressing just before harvest to make them absorb nutes makes no sense.

4. MJMMM
    MJ Myth My Man :D

5. i have a personal patch and one of my girls had a big branch snap, almost off, but i tied it back up, that was about 6 wks ago, and funny thing that plant has gone completely "bonkers" in growing and seriously will yield 3x of the others, there are layers and layers of colas popping out of that thing. makes me think that "injury" may have had something to do with it.

today i'm heading to the woods with a knife and a will throw a stick in one of those stems!

nope, i'm giving it some fert everyday, i never "overloaded" it with fert, so slow and steady will be fine, there is no taste of it now, it just tastes dank, and strong. so so nice compared to commercial, and it isn't even at potential yet.

I CANT WAIT

processing and cutting this stuff up is alot of work!

EVERYMORNING WHEN I WAKE UP - one less day.

6. thats supercropping i beleive. the healed injury area fattens up and allows more nutrients to get to the plant

7. i have just put a wooden nail in the stalk of one plants a week before harvest. i have one without the nail so i can see the results

8. No.
    Stressing the plant just before harvest will do nothing at all to benefit the final product.
    There is a technique called supercropping that is done in veg.
    It's an advanced technique that allows more nutrient to get to the bud sites.
    You crack the branches below the flower sites and the healed wound is stronger and larger than the original branch. This provides a better pathway for nutrients to get to the buds.
    Overly simplified explanation.

9. Wow that plant was harvested over 10 years ago.