Stress?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Deisel Guy, Oct 26, 2012.

1. #1 Deisel Guy, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
    i've been trying to diagnose this problem that started out just the sides of the leaves starting to curl up so i thought it was heat stress so i backed off the light and cooled down the room and it seemed to fix the problem for a majority of the plants except or a few wich have prgressed to this

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Hydro (Pots with Hydroton)
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?Indoors
    What strain?Bruce Banner (Sour D x OG Kush x Straberry Cough)
    How old are the plants? 2 weeks in cloner and then almost 3 weeks now in veg
    What type of lights and how many watts? MH 400 watt
    How far from the lights? 18-26''
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? low ppm well water and fed for 15 mins every 2 hours
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?well rooted clones started (2wks old) veg with 2ml/gal botanicare pro gro and several other additives, 2nd and 3rd week they get 4ml/gal gro and 4mls/gal auqua flakes a&b + Karma, Auquasheild, cal mag, Drip clean, and silica
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? i'm somewhat of a noob so i'm not sure if i've even ph'ed the runoff.. how do i do that? i check PH every night and it's usually between 6.5-7 and i lower it to 5.8-6
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? temp 68-80 depending on time of day, humidity %30-%35
    What size pots?mostly 5'' with a few 3''
    Any bugs? Look real close. No bugs
    Any other pertinent info? i've been threw the horticulture bible and it says these symptoms are usually found with heat stress, toxic salt build up or over watering.

i've cooled the room and pulled back the light wich seemed to fix everything but recently the curling is coming back. with the salt build up i feel like i would see it i it was bad enough to casue a problem or stress out the plant and growth hasn't really slowed much if at all. overwatering i guess could be the issue but i know several people in my area growing the same Bruce Banner strain and feeding schedule works fine for them. i'mi starting to think maybe i need to raise the humidity. i ordered a really nice humidifier that should be here today so im gonna hook that up and see if it helps but other than that i'm out of ideas.. maybe (K) defficient?

thanks in advance for anyhelp

[​IMG]

2. forgot to add that i also did some prior research here and found it could be wind burn, so i stop the ocilation on fans and directed air away from plants in hopes that i would keep air movement but not directly at the plants. didn't seem to do anything over a 3-4 day period so i put everything back the way i had it before... any thoughts on that?

3. talked to a few people around the area and decided to do a Clear-Ex flush for a few days and see if that clears things up. i'll post my results in hopes to help anyone else that might be trying to diagnose this problem or one similar