Stress From Sleep?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BuffetCrayfish3, Jun 27, 2014.

1. I don't know if it's possible but I feel like its happening to me. When I sleep I wake up at least four times in the night. I have nightmares or just really strange dreams in general (hell sometimes I don't even dream but it still happens) and when I wake up I feel sort of refreshed but after an hour or two awake I start feeling just as fatigued as I did the day before.

Has anyone else had this, and what should I do to help stop it? Its been going on for a while now but lately its been getting worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I have kinda the same thing. My sleep schedule used to be fucked real bad due to the drugs I was constantly using, and then once I quit the drugs it seems like my sleep schedule got even more fucked. when I was tweaking a bunch I'd usually stay up for 2-4 days at a time, then pass out for about 16 hours, rinse and repeat. now that I've quit that stuff I sleep more like a normal person, but it's rare I'll get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. I go to sleep between 9 and 11 normally, wake up around 6 or 7 but I'll probably wake up multiple times throughout the night. 

I try to keep a glass of ice cold water close to my bed for when I wake up. I also turn my fan on and open my window before I go to bed. Making my room colder seems to make it easier to sleep. 

3. I can relate! I'll wake up bunch of times sometimes to pee but other times I just have this uncomfortable restless feeling. Even if I'm tired as fuck. I usually get some water and I relax enough to pass out again. Maybe its sleep apnea who knows.

4. Are you using alcohol or weed before bed? Sometimes inebriates can suppress REM. Try cutting those things out before bed if you use them. If you don't, or that doesn't work, you may want to consider a sleep study.

5. I have been using weed because it started to get out of control. Using weed helped me get to sleep (usually takes me about 30 minutes to sleep). I haven't restocked and the night before last and last night were one of the worst ones I've had this year. I did take a few shots an hour or two before bed the night before, that experience was what made me start thinking I should find out if this is a legitimate problem.

The dreams are reoccuring throughout the night, and its usually a trigger that I wake up from. Last night I remember there was something I was supposed to vigilant for, but it was something I wouldn't be able to see. I remember I'd try to avoid whatever it was I was supposed to avoid but I'd get this sinking in my chest and head, like how I'd imagine seeing a ghost would feel like and then I'd wake up. When I went back to sleep it would be a different place but the same rules. The dreams are different every night but there's always something that keeps waking me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app