Strength or Speed?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by raymondtails, May 12, 2013.

1. As a Muay Thai fighter we generally try and stay defined and skinny as possible. This lets us have high speed, stay in a low weight division and still maintain power to some extent. However in a street fight situation if the person is a lot bigger than you, sure you can keep him away with teeps and leg kicks etc or even just hook him in the jaw and of course easily win the fight. But in some situations the person is going to try and tackle you to the ground or put you against the wall. At this point power is more important than speed ( For muay thai fighters excluding bjj, krav maga etc) So. My question is which is more important. Btw I'm aware that power = Speed and strength combined however to make it easier I just said power as it is a universal term.

This is a question to anybody and you don't have to back up your opinions if you're too high too.

Imo Speed in the ring, power outside.

2. Dude, this question is really blowing my mind right now. I don't know... I'm getting a headache just thinking about this tbh. I literally can't pick an answer.
    There's so many open ends on this question... So many things to consider... wot