Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Street sellers never knowing the strain names??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by broompeople, Aug 15, 2017.

1. It's funny reading posts from people that can't buy from the stores thinking that stuff from a "dispensary" is always the good stuff. Guess what! there is no regulation at a dispensary saying what they can and can't name the product they are selling, same with the growers. the growers can name any strain anything they want and they will follow trends guaranteed! You can't even trust THC percentages. Labs will offer to give you a 20% THC test result for an extra 100$ no problem. they don't care. Also testing labs in OR only test 7 grams out of a 10lb harvest lot. make sure that you bring the best stuff to the lab to be tested and mix it with others once you take it to the wholesaler or shop. No one knows the difference in high from a 15% THC strain to a 20% strain it's all $$$$

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. It's nice to know the difference between sativa hybrid and indica, by knowing either strain type, or just looking at structure of a bud. I'm a weed dictionary and it's good to be in the known. All strains are different. And most strains don't do Jack shit for me.

So knowing 1 out of 10 strains work for me, i like indica ogs and kushes. And yes I can look at a bud and know if it's good or not and can sometimes name the strain that it actually is based on appearance and smell.

Alot of you guys have no idea that this is actually medicine and that all strains work different for people at different times of the day. It's true smoke 1000 strains and come back to me then

• Like Like x 2
  3. I also like anything that's been fucked by a cookie. Which is a ton of bud, sunset sherbert, girl scout cookies, animal cookies, gorilla glue. Gelato strains, typically gelato #33.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh and one grower will grow a 24k strain and it will be a mix of kosher kush x tangie.

Another grower will be growing a 24k strain, ecept his is duban poison x orange skunk.

So that's where names have no value. I actually hate the names too. But names for the most part do hold a meaning.

What I'm saying is never just buy a bud for the name . Always check the look and aroma

Know of your looking at sativa or indica. Is the bud tight or really fluffy?

Hazes are always sativa

Kushes are usually hybrid or indica Dom.

5. Sometimes it’s just dank someone’s grew and ...

Sometimes dealers that make up names to lure clientele make legit dealers bummy about people believing they legitimately have that particular strain because to most it is genuinely hard to tell the difference unless you’ve smoked dank/high grade for some time. If it’s a dispensary well ok...
    Even in some of The marijuana apps out there the weed is labeled and charted out improperly. Sometimes the just show the plant at a certain stage in its grow and you’re not sure how it looks when cured and trimmed...
    Also a lot of strains look very similar. A lot of strains share common parentage and thus look similar. Sometimes the difference is the taste or smell and obviously the buzz.
    Also sometimes people grow and put a lot of effort and don’t want their weed dismissed because it lacks a ‘brand name genetics’ or a clever ESTABLISHED name. So people just say they don’t know I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Really bro? I've been finding the opposite lately i mean i the high helps but the taste is just meh too me, I've been a og freak lately

• Like Like x 1
  7. We're both the same with what we seek out for a high. Og is my fav. Cookies gives s good high and I prefer the taste. Love me some GSC . I'm almost now retired from bud with the concentrates flowing around now :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. I hear ya bro except I'll never give up flower... I've cut back considerably even dabbing,but i think having all the great terp sauce and what not is what helped me cutback i don't need to smoke 10 bowls to make the pain subside now i i take two dabs and maybe smoke a bowl for the flavor or the extra body buzz/relief