Street light ruined my plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Greengrow456, Dec 18, 2016.

1. #1 Greengrow456, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    So I have a pretty good size og kush growing in my back yard but I live by a street with street lights that shine in my back yard it's been budding for 12 weeks but just look for your self the top half still looks like it's still in veg and the bottom looks ok with some good buds has this happend to anyone and what should I expect [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG]

2. Damn that's a bummer.

3. #3 pointswest, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    You need to move your plants to a dark location at night or light deprive with a light-proof cover to provide the 12/12 cycle needed for flowering. The street lights are giving off too much light that the flower bud initiation is not occurring on the top parts of the plant that are receiving the light. Light interruption of more than 2-3 ft candles of light is enough to inhibit flower initiation in the dark cycle of short day plants. The top portion of the plant will continue to grow in the vegetative stage until the light interruption is discontinued and will start flowering when placed in a short day light cycle without light interruption.

There will be responses from other growers that the full moon is bright and doesn't affect the flowering, but this is an incorrect assumption. The intensity of a full moon is only 0.02 ft candles and is not intense enough to interrupt the flowering like the streetlight does.

PW

• Like Like x 2
  4. 2 words... BB gun. No jk that's vandalism.

• Like Like x 2
  5. My plants were being influenced by my kitchen lights shinning through the window onto the deck. I constructed a simple canopy that I would drape over a portable clothing drying rack with a vertical extension.

6. I actually wanted to do the Bbgun thing before I posted this but I decided to play it safe

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. The problem with the BB gun is that maintenance crews will replace it. You need to either cover your plants at night or set up a barrier that blocks the light from directly hitting your plants.

8. I went through the same thing a couple years back, like everyone else says, either gotta move em to dark, or build something,,

I just let mine rock out as they were only getting a small bit of not direct street lamp light from mabey 50 yards.

I figured the lumens or par or whatever from that far away wouldn't be to bad, plants finished with stellar results,

(€};-]

9. Yea I just moved it as close to the wall as I can but on the up side I think that the bottom half of my plant is ready to harvest while the top half is not so I might get 2 harvest is I harvest the bottom and then let the top little buds grow

10. Just shoot the light out at 3am.

11. My street lights are LED. I would have to shoot it about 50 times lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Some of us live on the edge. And some of us are safety officers.

The question is... Who has the fat girlfriend?

13. Fat is not a nice word with that being said i love extra large super size bbws :metal:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Heck no. I don't have a girlfriend. I have grow rooms instead. I just sleep with random women I meet at Starbucks.

15. Does that include random bbws too

16. I can't say I have a taste for the big girls. Athletic redheads. I'ma masochist. And tthey're fat chicks. Not bbw

17. Athletic redheads are hot that is something that is agreeable on but there so so rare

• Like Like x 1
  18. I guess I'm sheltered