Street Light Interrupting Flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by True_Mako, Sep 7, 2016.

1. So.... I think the street lights even though they are a good 30-40 ft away from my plants outside are still managing to stop the flowering process of some of my plants..... I can't move the plants nor put up any barriers because of the way my setup is. Do you think I will end up with lots of hermaphrodites? Or just half a plant that still thinks it's in veg? I keep checking everyday for nanners and/or pollen sacks but I see neither, just the beginning of flowering's first pistils. Do you think those taller exposed tops that aren't as far in flowering will eventually come around once the plants becomes more stressed?

Pls halp. Got some nice plants here I would like to keep.

2. ok ive had an area light about 30 ft away, and this plant was hidden by trees and all, wasnt much light hitting at first, but later some leaves had started falling and it leaked thru, and it hermi'd bigtime,,

if the light hits the plant it will still flower, just may stress it into hermi later on..

3. ive read, take a snap with your phone... if u can see the light on the leaves its prob going to fuck it up.

4. Is there any chance to get some harvest from some of the flowers?

5. It's fine. I have grown years with a street lamp in direct contact with my scrog screen and cars drive by at night with headlights that hit my grow at night. Never had a problem.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yes I believe it does. I had a sodium arc hitting one of my plants at night. This is conjunction to the white walls of my house reflecting the light back onto the plant as well. That plant is now @ 85 days of flower (indica dom 80%) and while it hasn't hermied it is way behind the others.

Correlation doesn't always equal causation but that's my experience. Who's to say those that are less diligent are getting all they can out of their outdoor grow?

• Like Like x 1
  7. @True_Mako
    Depends on how much light actually hits the plants as well as strain.. My main grow area gets the glow off my bug zapper all night long but it's never caused any trouble..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can see it by the shed door..
    The couple of plants I have across the yard do get some streetlight exposure as well as the occasional kitchen light turned on for a few minutes at odd hours of the night.. The 3 plants I run in that area have turned hermi but it was a single strain that did it 2 runs separated by a cycle and in slightly different sites.. So it's more a strain deal but light will play a part if to much is present..
    [​IMG]
    This dusk till dawn solar powered light is enough to hold this group of plants in veg out of season..
    Run them and just keep a close eye on things.. I've got plants dotted around the yard in what spots I could get one in and none are in what you'd call ideal spots.. Middle of the lawn idea got killed by the wife early on LOL
    Even the marginal spots behind and under the pine tree put off some usable bud..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Semi-final results in, I managed to get my plants to flower half of itself (some real dank buds too). Somehow I managed to sustain veg and flowering until the end? I did a regular flush and tasted the leaves for any bitterness but I still have about a good month left before the smoke test. Will report more back.