street light bulbs

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tiki_god7, May 11, 2003.

1. thanks for ya help guys
    im going down this weekend early on sunday morning cos i think that will be when least people are around and the lights should be off once its light so they wont shock me :)
    can i just attach the loose wires from this fitting im stealing to a mains outlet or would i need some kind of something to make it work

2. nope, just connect black to black, white to white, and ground to ground.... mighthave to check the ballast first to see if its the correct voltage.... or if its a multi-tap ballast...

3. thepower will still be on going to teh light ther is a light sensor going to the box, john why are you hepling this kid hurt himself. Unless if you have electrical skills DONT DO IT! If youare going to doit most likleythere ismomexcoming out the back so you will need vice grips or an adjustable wrench to remove it. Whati did was remove the bulb first so it dosent break then take off the wires going into the box then take the box down and remove the romex fiting on the back, then tear down the rest of the box elsewhere. try to keep most of the wires atached so you know were they go. If you do unattach wires and dont know where they go there is a diagram on the ballast usualy.

4. thats just the way i do it... might be kinda risky... but its fast... and to me thats what counts...

get a friend to drive into a powerpole with a dump truck to knock out power... then pull off the fixture and cut the wires

5. haha going out with a small lite looking for a bigger 1 he
    find ur nearest biulding site roll a couple of spliffs a fore ye go
    coz theres a 75% chance the watchy puffs too knock on his hut door ask im if he got a lite for ur spliff
    if he looks kinda interested in ur spliff ask im if he wanna swap a pliff of bush for 1 o they old lites and im sure he say
    great deal

queestion over here we got orange lite in the street r they anygood ??????????? and at the bottom of my path rite next to me hoose hehe we got a big 1 like the pic above so gonna fone the council tell em the bulbs gone and when the come ask the guys for a couple more n see wot they say

no harm in asking eh go on try it

god luvs a trier

to get those buds a little higher
    good luck and enjoy the pole climbing

6. forgot to say if u have any old sun beds strip lites ar anykind of lites with ballast u can connect them all in parralell to power up ur hi power streetlite i stripped an old sunbed the other nite and found 1 for every tube n theyr about 40w each
    so a little knowladge of how to do it and u got a hi power ballast

7. yes, the orange colored light means its an
    HPS... grab it... but do a good deed for your community in return ;)