Strawberry Cough

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vette888, May 6, 2020.

1. Is strawberry cough still around. It was a great sativa buzz.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Im sure,,just gotta find it or grow it,,,,i had some few months back! Well thats what it was being sold as anyways

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. I got lucky enough to get a seed of it a few months back. I grew her out to the point the branches snapped from too much weight. Not sure the total weight yet, she's drying now but my guess is easily half a pound. 20200728_205042.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. And it wasn't done by far. It had another 3 weeks left I bet. I took a couple clones off her, and one is doing great so far outdoor, but I'm gonna flower her inside once my other plant is done flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I just bought strawberry Cough seeds. Screenshot_20210606-004839_Chrome.jpg
    Strawberry Cough is a bracing, taste-focused sativa hybrid. Its unmistakable strawberry flavor is the result of crossbreeding by cannabis pioneer Kyle Kushman. Its impressive buds won the title of Best Flower in the 2013 Cannabis Cup. Fruity and light, this strain is an uplifting and productive smoke that can be enjoyed in a variety of settings. Strawberry Cough is a cross between Strawberry Fields and old-school staple Haze. The average THC composition of this strain is between 15% and 20%. Emerald Cannabis Worx tested Strawberry Cough through pH Labs and hit a record high of 22.98% THC in 2018.

Kyle Kushman, a former High Times editor, developed Strawberry Cough largely by chance in 2000. Kushman claims to have received a small clone from a fellow breeder -- a runt, the clone had allegedly been grown next to a strawberry patch somewhere in Connecticut. Kushman was struck by the clone’s pungent strawberry scent -- he dubbed the strain Strawberry Field, and eventually crossed it with a Haze plant. The result was Strawberry Cough, a hybrid that tastes soft and sweet and delivers a solidly cerebral high.

Kushman built a buzz around Strawberry Cough’s in New York City’s underground cannabis market. He then moved out west to focus on cultivation in California and handed out clones of Strawberry Cough on the cross-country drive, boosting its popularity even more.

The strain’s award-winning flowers are large and chunky. Despite its dominant sativa genetics, Strawberry Cough has a more indica-typical bud structure, with solid and densely-packed leaves. The sativa genes show, however, in the buds’ tapered, conical shape, less like popcorn and more like tiny pinecones. The flowers are covered in cloudy amber trichomes that lend the leaves a slightly yellowish appearance. Red -- rather than orange -- pistils are threaded through the sticky leaves. The mild scent of strawberries wafts up from the buds, mixed with a little bit of peppery spice. When buds are combusted, they give off a herbal cloud, reminiscent of parent strain Haze. Smoke from this strain is typically harsh, causing many users to cough and sometimes leading their eyes to water. The initial taste is of ripe

strawberries, without any hint of skunkiness or musk. On the exhale, the strawberry flavor has some more sweetness. This saccharine berry scent lingers for a while after users have toked.

Strawberry Cough’s buzzy, thoughtful high settles in almost immediately. Users may feel initially unsettled, but, in the right set and setting, can embrace the sharp focus associated with this strain -- it’s great for deep conversation, reading, or

working on tasks that involve some degree of creativity or problem-solving. Strawberry Cough can also impart an energetic feeling of motivation and intensity that’s perfect for plowing through more mundane tasks. The opportunity for non-linear and less traditional ways of thinking makes Strawberry Cough a uniquely creative strain. Its sense of euphoria and tendency towards chattiness also marks this as a great choice in lively social

settings.

Medically speaking, Strawberry Cough is beneficial in regulating entrenched mood disorders. As users feel a boost in energy and creativity, they may feel a dissipation in anxiety or stress. Some have also reported relief from painful migraines, as well as less intense headaches. Side effects of this strain include the possibility of paranoia, which can happen with larger doses when intense cerebral thinking can kick into overdrive. The high from Strawberry Cough is said to last longer than average, from about 3 to 4 hours.

Strawberry Cough is a relatively easy strain to grow. Kyle Kushman’s original proprietary strain is clone-only, meaning that growers can only cultivate it if they can obtain a clipping from a mature, healthy plant. However, Amsterdam-based seed bank Dutch Passion has developed its own version of Strawberry Cough -- seeds are available online. Plants tend to be more short and bushy like indicas than tall and wispy like sativas -- of medium height, they are well cultivated indoors. This strain can also be grown outdoors, although plants require very warm climates and continuous temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. It flowers within 9 weeks when grown indoors and in Late October when grown outdoors. Although the yield from Strawberry Cough is average, the larger-than-average buds are some consolation -- and with sturdy stems and branches, the thick flowers don’t usually require extra stakes for support.

The wide popularity of Strawberry Cough shows that taste-focused hybrids are more than just consumer novelty. This strain’s mild but distinctive taste and its expansive high have made it one of the most popular available in dispensaries today -- its appeal has even landed a mention in the apocalyptic movie Children of Men, as Michael Caine and Clive Owen share a joint of the stuff. Good for a daytime boost or an evening hang, Strawberry Cough shows how much deliberated and focused breeding can do.

Common Usage

Depressed10/10

A Loss of Appetite2/10

Anxiety8/10

Pain6/10

Nausea2/10

Typical Effects

Focused8/10

Cotton Mouth4/10

Creative10/10

Energetic6/10

Euphoric6/10