Strange urges to be a ninja...

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by jimthefrog345, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Alright so here's the deal: this started about a year ago and it happens very frequently (many times a day). I'll just be walking along, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I'll see someone doing something like kneeling down. In my mind, I see myself roundhouse kicking that person and their head flying off. It's not with the intention of hurting someone- it's just because I think it would be cool. I imagine myself doing ninja moves on almost everyone I see. This isn't really a problem, it just gets a little annoying when I get drunk because then I actually try to do the moves... and usually end up slapping people. They get annoyed.

I am curious if this could be a case of OCD. The thing is, I feel no anxiety so I don't think that's likely. But does anyone know of other psychological explanations for impulses that can, at times, be super hard to control? Thanks...

2. That's just the badass inside you trying to get out!! Let it out! :hello:

OCD is where you repeat things several times before being able to move on isn't it? Personally I say as long as it's not destructive keep it up, although I'm fairly sure slapping people will end up in getting beat up eventually but that usually will cure those urges ;p

3. Well, now I feel like a bit less of a freak. This happens to me all the time. More so when drinking for sure lol! I don`t so much think of kicking peoples heads off. But I like to practise crazy fighting moves, and when I am drunk I will attempt flips jumps and rolls that a probobly shouldnt even attempt while sober HAHAHA!

4. thats not OCD

its a fantasy that occasionally overlaps with reality

5. Yeah, I agree. I often walk down the street imagining scissor takedown-ing the passers by.

It's like being a kid, and imaginginging a creature running alongside the car when you're driving, jumping over buildings etc

6. I'm not sure if this applies but I used to know this guy who would imagine himself being the hero during something like a mall/school/town shooting while everyone watched, someone told him he may be Autistic. I just think he likes to use his imagination when hes bored.

Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. I do this to but only right before a fight and it's only the guy I'm fighting.i say just let it out bust sum fuckin grillz out

8. Haha alright thanks for the help guys. I talked to my friend who knows a lot about psychology stuff and he agrees with most of you- it's definitely not OCD, probably just me being silly. And Cannabis-Chris: I do the exact same thing haha it's fun at the time but my crazy moves have hurt me, which is why it might be good for them to stop.

9. i think all guys have these strange urges
    i know i do

10. i dont think you could do that but this guy could

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSDzWm64NGk]YouTube - karate chimp funny fight amazing[/ame]

11. Ask and you shall recieve

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El4M5tk-N1A]YouTube - KARATE CHIMP[/ame]

12. Holy fuck, batman!

13. #16 Acid Raindrops, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    thats funny because my dad and I might be doing a job for some guy and he told me it's some guy that back in highschool was just walking into the classroom (and the guy was pretty big guy I guess) and my dad rant full speed across the room and jumped and roundhouse kicked him in the chest knocking him over for no reason lol.

14. Wow... how cool would it be to have a chimp as a sensei.

15. I some time like to imagine myself as a Xena kind of worrier. I walk around the mall making up situations and imagining how I would fight my way out of them. I'm pretty sure I do this cause I am 5 foot 2 push over of a woman in real life. Makes me feel better.:rolleyes:

16. Yah man sometimes i feel like im a ninja too. you should peep this song...put it on your ipod and it can be your theme song when the urge kicks in:smoking:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLeQ-opSiA"]YouTube - insane clown posse - ninja[/ame]

17. Don Quijote anyone?