Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strange Side Effects to smoking weed (help!)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by devster13, Oct 17, 2011.

1. hey guys, im VERY new to this site (just joined today) and the reason i joined is to get some info on what the eff is going on with me. I come to this site very often searching about problems with my plant and just general inquries that i'd like to have answered about pot. Now to get to the point... i am (or was) a regular pot smoker, like all day everyday, but now i get seriously panicked whenever i smoke just like the smallest bit of weed. My heart starts going super fast and its almost like i get waves of adrenaline through my body, and my ears start to ring and shit.

It allll started happening after one day i decided to skip the afternoon classes i had with my friends, to go smoke 2gs or so at my buddies place of 2 kinds of shit (salad). So this is how it went, we were all chillin, blazin it up in his trailer outside his house, and like no more then 5 minutes after we smoked it all, my body felt really weird and my heart rate picked up very quickly, so i started to panic inside myself, i didn't really tell them what was starting to happen, i kinda just got up and went outside to go get some fresh air. as i went outside there was stuff in my way and i started almost like trembling over it when i went to lift my feet over the stuff. i honestly though i was having a heart attack, cause i got all dizzy and shit. it was NOT a good feeling it basically took all my high away. and after my arms were all tingly.

Now everytime i smoke weed, AND IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH, i start trippin. like my heart rate always skyrockets out of nowhere and i start panicking and i feel all weird in my body, and it feels like deep inside my chest its like softly vibrating. i cant explain exactly what happens but that the best i can do. it really puzzles me because it didnt happen EVER before that one sesh at my buddies. and now its constant. like i said i was a reg. pot smoker like 1-3gs a day. now i cant even smoke 2 bowls and not trip. and none of my other buddies experince this... at all...

i bring to you my problems because i know on this site you guys can be very helpful, and i need some serious help. i just wanna be normal again, and be able to smoke weed like a normal person.... also i know that many other people experince this aswell (being regular pot smokers for years then it just happens)

PLEASE I NEED SOME KIND OF FEEDBACK. :(
    :confused: :confused:

2. i dont know, but if i were you, i would take just 1 hit, then the next day 2 hits, then the next day 3 and so on. see if you can ween yourself back on

3. It seems like your pretty confident in yourself of being a smoker, maybe you just had a relapse of sorts? My best guess is the stuff you smoked might of been laced with something, and ever since then you psych yourself up for something like that to happen again. Like Twilly said, ween yourself in! But not only that, i would put yourself in a comfortable situation, maybe 1-2 friends, and just honestly be as relaxed as possible, get yourself a nice indica strain and smoke a bowl between friends.

4. [quote name='"Jankasauras"']It seems like your pretty confident in yourself of being a smoker, maybe you just had a relapse of sorts? My best guess is the stuff you smoked might of been laced with something, and ever since then you psych yourself up for something like that to happen again. Like Twilly said, ween yourself in! But not only that, i would put yourself in a comfortable situation, maybe 1-2 friends, and just honestly be as relaxed as possible, get yourself a nice indica strain and smoke a bowl between friends.[/quote]

Or evensmoke by yourself to get get used to things again

5. I think your having panic attacks, and they happen right before you smoke because your worried about "tripping out" on the marijuana

6. I'd suggest you smoke a small joint outside your own house alone or with ONE friend. Then go sit on the sofa with a drink and watch some tv or in your room lay on your bed, listen to music and enjoy yourself.
    Basically you want to setup an "ideal comfortable" environment for yourself before you smoke.

What your describing sounds like panic attacks or even anxiety.
    Maybe a t-break can do some good.

The thing is, with problems like this only you can really help yourself. You need to find out what is "triggering" this problem. Keep mental or written notes when you notice you get this. Is it right when you begin to tok? right when your done? are you thinking something certain? doing something specific?

It could also be what your toke'in. Is it dank? is it cheap shwag or regs?

7. It may be because you expect these things to happen. Like your already thinking it will happen when you smoke so it does.

8. seeing as how i live in my upstair of my house, i usually blaze by myself now upstairs. like i'd be sitting on my fouton in my room (its kinda a small room) and ill want to get high. so i toke up (one bowl), then if its all good ill wait for the high to come down and smoke another. thats when it usually happens, cause i think it tends to happen when i think about it for the slightest bit of a second. after this whole thing started to happen i started to be more aware of my heart rate and like how it beats. i think they are panic attacks aswell but idk. i think it could just be the setting of where i smoke.

9. Dude this is like a very common side effect with cannabis... I can't believe how many IDK responses you got

Just one of those humps you gotta get over. Happens to more people than you think. You have to embrace your high and stop ruining it with bad thoughts.