Strange question, does anybody know the answer?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gtq838, Mar 4, 2013.

1. What would happen if you were to grow one half of your plant on a different light cycle?

What I mean is if you sealed half the plant off and put one half on a 12/12 cycle and the other half on 18/6

Would it stay in veg, go to gro, each half go into different cycles, or probably the most likely hemi?

Would be cool if one half would go though because you could have a perpetual grow with one plant divided multiple times, lol...

Pipe dream but if nobody knows I will try it.

2. Sounds like a recipe for hermies to me.

3. Try it out.

If anyone knows basics of plants at all they should be able to answer this.

In a plant that is male/female that does produce seeds. Does only part of a plant getting sunlight/photosynthesis affect overall production? Would part of it being in flower put the entire plant into flower? If half is in flowering stage does the side in veg keep the flowering side from flowering?

I hope someone knows basic plant biology :p We all grow the shit but know nothing :D

4. Depends. If your switching the plant from 12/12 to 12/16 your gonna fuck it all up. She will not only hermit but shell spazzing not knowing which way to go.
    12 hours and you'll flower ten hours you won't sooo... Not sire if that helped but I do know from experience that eleven hours light flowers em just as well but I still go twelve twelve and in veg it's twenty hours on four hours off

5. Sorry. I didn't realize you mean the same plant half and half. If you sealed it off well. One half would flower and the other half would veg. But there is a chance of Hermes and weird shit happening. But I totally saw a pic in high times where one half of a guys plant was peeping out of his wall and the street light kept that half in veg while the rest of the plant behind the wall flowered. It was nuts.

6. Hmm, lol, well I will make a setup and get one growing on two light cycles and post it up an a few weeks maybe.