Strange Leaf Curling - Bugs?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dinglepeen420, Jul 14, 2011.

1. This is only noticable on this one plant, I have about 7 others in the vacinity outdoors near her. She seemed to start to bud a few weeks back, and has just pretty much stopped, and as of a few days ago I noticed these strange leaf deformities. I think it's due to a bug, I've seen leaves curl similar to this on fruit trees, I don't recall the name of the bug, but it was very similar..

This is my original Barney's Farm Red Dragon from seed, she's about 8 months old now, provided me with an army of clones, but due to spider mites, Im wrapping up everything I have left and going to be starting fresh in a couple months. The spider mites have only been a minor problem, but a headache none the less keeping them in check.

So my question is this... What the hell is this? Should I be concerned? And what can I do to possibly prevent further damage to the plant?

I want to think its a bug, but this plant has an army protecting it, theres a couple praying mantis that like to hang out on it, lady bugs, and a mess of spider webs in and around it.

Attached Files:

2. Hey Dinglepeen420,

Could be some over fertin there mate, no need to flush as they are still growing (are they?), I'd just skip feeding them your normal fert for a week and then add after

A good thing todo would be to refer to your fertz and see how much your actually putting in your plant and reduce to a nessecry amount which is needed by the plant

For example I've got a 2.ft plant, that just hit its veg phase. the NPK fertz that I've got a N - 4 / P - 5 / K - 8 and 15ml added to 1 1/2 water... I only use a cup of the stuff to water it and that dose the job.

If you still find that the plant still doesn't like it.... stil don't flush water without as normal and reduce the fertz again. If you using compost it may be crucial to flush the plants as compost retain nutz unlike soil-less medium.

Hope I've helped not been a pain :D

3. I can see how you may think it is nutes, she's currently in about 30 gallons of a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. I've been using H&G line which is amazing by the way, drip clean is a miracle. But I can assure you that it's not from nutes. She actually doesn't get fed very often, and theres been a good bit of rain lately.

I don't believe this to be my issue though, but I do appreciate the input

4. Try a pH tester then, as this does look like a nut. toxicity or def. .... or you could flush and that will make a difference.

I wanna say its something todo with heat or humidity but by the signs that the plants showing is'nt part of this sectors.

Hope I can help more .... or not a tall let me know :)

I'd try and refer to some of the top post in the sick pants section as alot of people know a little more about sign of the same symptoms but know more of these. Give it a go :)