Strange growth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AestheticJuan, Nov 18, 2017.

1. So I have some strange growth coming from the center of a few of my leaves. [​IMG][​IMG]

Never seen this before. Thought it was kinda cool, but also strange. It’s almost like it’s trying to form a new branch from the center of my leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lmao well I guess that makes 2.

3. You sure yours isn't trying to reveg? You have a lot of non serrated leaves as well... I could be wrong I don't have much experience with reveg but figured I'd bring it up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is just my opinion so it isn't worth anything. Probably from too much x breeding and unstable genetics. I would not invest the time or $ going further and eliminate it from the already, rapidly becoming jacked genetic pool due to all the crossing going on.

5. Dont know much about his plant but i highly disagree as far as mine goes and theres slim chance id let his go either honestly.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Yeah my plant is still in veg..was planted from seed 9 weeks ago..the weird growth may have something to do from the genetics? Not sure...was just a bag seed from a local dispensary..but plant seems to be very healthy and has tons of new growth coming in from everywhere. I have maybe 3 of these little bugles branches growing from the center of different leaves. Kind of excited to see what they turn into. I Will prolly probably end up flipping her to flower next week.

7. #10 Tbone Shuffle, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    I've seen that before. There's threads around of fan leafs with buds growing off of them. It's just a random new node popping out. Nothing to worry about.

Stress can contribute to the chance of getting mutations.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. I had two different plants do that before. Both from TGA. One was jacks cleaner2 forgot the second one. Both grew buds out of center of some of the leaves.

Smotly

• Like Like x 1
  9. It’s a very rare mutation but it does happen. That’s an actual bud in the center of the leaf. Just consider yourself lucky for a little extra bud :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Well just coming up to my 10th week in flower and my mutant leaf/bud has turned into this [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2