Strange growth on bud

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Johnsonapolis, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Anyone know what is causing this new growth? Seems odd.

Attached Files:

2. Frosty. Hard to see to me. Is is a nanner? Aka pollen sac?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah looks like a nanner to me. Is that the only one you've found?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I see two. What is a nanner?

5. Mist and pluck, if more keep coming in the next week by abundance chop that plant

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. That my friend is a nanner or male stamen, bunch growing out the bud. You are ready to harvest imo, or risk having it start seeding. I have 4 that have done this now and im picking them off as soon as I see them. Though I harvest in the week. 20200924_101535.jpg 20200924_085310.jpg 1st picture shows a nanner, 2nd shows the seed that was right next to it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Any negative effects as far as potency?

8. Plant starts putting energy into reproduction instead of flowering

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. At your stage of flowering I would say no. It may help produce more tricomes to protect the seed, though most cases nanners are either sterile or show up so late its not a issue. Mine showed up the beginning of week 5 and I've been battling them for 2 weeks with at least a week to go. Though I'm looking about 40% cloudy with lights down to a 10/14. That helps them mature quicker. Id rather take a cut in quantity then have full grown seed. It takes at least 2 weeks for seeds to become a noticeable size anyway. When dried and cured you would be lucky to even see a seed.

• Like Like x 2
  10. It looks super close to being done. Thats for sure a nanner tho. Id give a reall thorough but gentle look at all your tops and see if any more are popping. Patricia's advice is the winner. Mist it to wet and ruin any potential pollen before you pluck them off and keep a close eye to see if the shit starts popping up all over. If nanners pop up all over then hack her down or youll end up with tiny little premature seeds that arent good to grow and nearly impossible to remove so youll have a bad seed taste. If it seeds you can still make edibles or hash with it if you dont wanna smoke the seeds. This has happened to me once from a bag seed i grew forever ago and when i noticed the weird yellow spot it was already too late cause at the time many years ago i was new to gardening so i didnt exactly know what a nanner looked like and ended up with tiny tiny seeds. When i finally noticed the nanners, they were already open and pollinated.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That strain must have came from Frost City, right.
    that looks beautiful even with the ugly little nanner.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ILGM Lemon Haze. I hope it’s good!

13. I panicked. Hacked it last night. Should be ok. Looked to be about 40% hazy trichomes. Hope I didn’t screw this up.

14. My theory has always been if you have just one plant with nanners, go ahead and harvest it. Better than nothing. But if you have more plants, always best to get rid of it. You've done well :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks!

16. The plant looked close enough to chop down. I wouldnt sweat it buddy. Better safe than seedy.