Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strange Bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Trichome, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hello, Trichome here... I lurk around these boards a lot, but I rarely post...

If I had to say, I would guess that I fall between apprentice toker and seasoned toker, but I felt like Apprentice Tokers would be a better place for this question.

Aaaanyways... I have a question about some strange bud I bought recently. 25/Gram (It was short notice, and that includes some gas money...)

Immediately I noticed it was good bud. Very fluffy, broke up really nicely, smelled skunky... the whole shebang. It is covered in trichs, but not in a beaster looking way. They are bigger and longer than the beaster trichs I see around here. There are very, very few leaves on the nug, its gone now but I don't recall there being any...

The strange thing, and what I'm asking about... Is the way it burns. It burns very, very easily. When I first got it, I noticed this, but really didn't think much of it. It burnt very well, cherried nicely, and wasn't really a problem.

A few days ago, I came across more of the same bud. I know it was the same, I was there when my buddy purchased it. And we packed a bowl...

And the burning was even more pronounced. I cornered it as well as I could, remember how readily it burned, and the cherry just spread and spread. We were cashing bowls with only one flick of the lighter. The cherry would become much larger than the innitial cornering, sometimes illuminating the entire bowl by the last few hits.

So... Is this normal? I know I am gonna get some "just smoke it"s, and trust me... I did :hello:, I got pretty high, and its gone... I'm not worried. Just curious. Any other experiences like this, or any idea what could have caused it? It wasn't THAT dry, ive smoked drier...

2. Pics would help greatly

3. Don't know what to tell you. It happens. I know I've experienced it before. Just light it once and pass it then the next person hits it without lighting it. It'll last a little longer.

4. I didn't really think much of it until my last session with it, so I'm afraid pics can't happen...

Thats what we did, it worked out very nicely... I was just wondering if anyone here had the same kind of experience, or idea what could cause this.

5. did you use lighter or matches. and what kind of lighter.
    also what did u smoke out of? (idk if it will help but im just wondering)

im about to smoke ill tell you if anything light that happens to me.
    :smoking:

6. its b.c its fluffy weed and not dense nug
    this happens a lot when i get fluff buds. a lot of the time when some buds are denser than others the fluffy ones are what burn faster so im pretty positive it has to do w how dense it is. just think about it its gonna burn faster if its less dense

7. It could have something to do with what kind of nutrients the grower was giving it, and the strain type, and the amount of time cured, amount of time dried.

8. I used a little green Bic, out of my average sized bowl. Same system I've been using, so I don't think that caused it.

9. it means that dealer doesn't know how to store his shit. the weed's lost some waterweight, sounds dried out.

airtight containter + humidor w/ fresh water = tasty

10. Alright, thanks for the replies guys. I thought it was interesting, wondered what you thought...

Personally, I liked it. I packed it pretty tight, to make up for its low density, and it burned for a long time and got me sufficiently high...

It was also smokier than most bud ive seen... odd.

11. pretty much what they said. been cured and dried longer. i've had all sorts of buds from the dry ones that burn quick like you're talking about and those that have been freshly chopped and barely dried and will burn super slow. sounds like u got some nicely cured buds. invest in some screens and pack small personals. it makes it easier to manage whos smoking what amount and you're able to take your rip to the fullest because you know the hit is packed just for you and you dont have to worry about over hitting it while cornering.