Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by duckie2011, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Are edibles made with either Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? I guess what I am asking is do the strain characteristics still hold true for edibles?

I don't like the effects Sativa has and Indica is great for my pain, but how do I know if I am buying something that is made with Indica, or does cooking it change the effects?

2. Well I don't know a lot about the science like some members here do, but when you make edibles the chemical reactions are different than burning it. The end result is that edibles give you mostly an intense body high, though I don't know if it's impossible to get a nice sativa high from them as well since I've actually never tried them.

3. Does anyone else know if it is a body high that you get?

Thanks Sunn for the reply.

4. i ate sativa brownies before and it was a very very nice head high,their was a tingling sensation on my body as well, But not to the point that i felt couch lock.

And i had indica edibles too and it was very VERY couch lock,so yeah cooking them doesn't change it.

i would suggest asking what type of cannabis is in your edibles before buying them

(damn i want me an edible right now :yummy:)

5. Thanks for the reply, this was what I needed to know.

6. Yes, you can make them with one, the other, or both sativa and indica, and the medicinal effects will vary based on which you choose.

Additionally, the unique effects of the individual strain, regardless whether it is indica or sativa, also remain.

This is why I always make sure to carefully document the hash or herb that I am using for each recipe, and you should as well. (Below) I make individual capsules and edibles from individual strains, and blends.. sativa for daytime use, and indica for afternoon through evening, or for heavier pain/medicating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. rofl @ 'devastating trainwreck'

8. The 'Devastation' (lol) comes from the POG #8 that it is crossed with :) Very strong narcotic cross, even from the very start, 'devastating' was the term we kept using for it as I continued breeding, once it was more stabilized the name just sort of stuck :p

9. Looks like you have been busy. I found out that my dispensary is all Indica strains for their edibles. I just e-mailed them and asked. So I made a trip down there to pick up some brownies.

10. As mentioned, the body chemistry for you is diff than anyone else.

For me, Sativa is the way to go. I just feel amazing, and it really helps my ADD and Bi Polar "manic depression". They are actually giving sativa edibles to young kids now in the legal states for ADHD instead of the horrid stimulants like adderal.