Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains with purple in it vs. Strains with no purple in it..

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jvsdiojisio, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Which do you prefer?

2. #2 dankness420, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    I guess I would prefer a non-purple colored strain, but it doesn't really matter.  Some times I find the purple color just isn't as appetizing as a bright green.

Shouldn't judge a nug by its color.

3. whatever one is the better weed and gets me higher..

4. Purple isn't a strain thing, it has to do with the temp at certain grow stages. You can grow any strain to be purple.

5. I have never had purple weed, so i gotta say STAY GREEN

6. Purple looks cool, but it's not an indicator of quality.

7. I prefer to smoke the green, purple is too pretty to smoke sometimes. Haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Whatever's frostier, I could care less about the color... and neither should anybody else.

9. idk why but the bud ive been getting lately has been the most purple bud ive ever seen in my life

10. I prefer weed that's good. I don't care about colors or names

Yeah but some phenotypes of certain strains are purple because of genetics, not temperature

12. I love a nice purple nug but they seem to always knock me out haha, but if its good its good, color doesnt matter

13. purp is hyped 

14. #14 sektr, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    Purp being present makes zero difference. I've had heady ass sativas with some purp in them.

If we're talking purp genetics (which doesn't necessarily mean there is purp physically present in the herb), then I'd choose something like Bubba over a purp any day, purps are an alright occasional indica smoke but there's way better.

15. True sorry I didn't mean to say strain had nothing to do with it

16. I've had both. I've had weed that was all purple with orange hairs, I've had green bud with orange hairs, and green bud with some purple on the outer leaves and orange hairs. The color does not reflect the quality of the bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I like both styles. Chlorophyll (green) has a taste and anthocyanin (red/purple) has a taste. It really depends on how well the plant is grown and then how well it is dried and cured for the best of those flavors to be brought out. 

Girl Scout Cookies is a strain that usually displays both green and purple hues….and when it's done right, it's a really tasty strain!

So, I didn't vote because there wasn't a "both" option. :)

18. That's only partially ture. You can get most strains to show purple hues but some will be deep purple/almost black right next to others that are bright green. Thats genetics.

19. that's if u put the plant through stress and then it forces a change in color, some strains are naturally purple like how som are naturally red and pink

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yeah my point was more that with street weed, a lot of the time it's not actually a purple strain it's just grown purple so they can sell it for more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.