Strains with high yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jrelax, Feb 21, 2013.

1. What's going on errbody? im a beginner on growing. Just want to know what are some of your fave strains and does it produce high yield? Thinking about starting with white widow. Stay chiefin gc

2. Best of luck!

3. Critical mass

4. If you're starting from seed, take each suggestion with a grain of salt.

Think of a large family and their offspring. If 2 people have say 10 children, there may be a few that are really tall and a few that a short with some in between. This concept happens with marijuana from seed also.

If you pick a strain to run, like Critical Mass, there will be multiple phenotypes. Phenotypes are just variations of traits from the mother and father plants. With seeds, you may pull the winning phenotype, or you might get a different one that may not yield quite as much.

You wouldn't expect a man and woman to give birth to 5 children of all the same phenotype, they'd all share the same traits.

Does that make sense?

Basically, pick what you want, it'll make you more content in the end.

5. I'll look further into it. So does that mean the thc level would be lower since its variety? What about in particular strain? Which would recommend in high yield?

6. Well, THC level might be better. Allow me to explain!

Let's say there are two parent plants that both have high potency. This is Mendelian genetics, he's dead. Since the trait showed we will assume, for simplicity, that their traits could be either PP or Pp since they both carry the dominant potency trait (P). The lower case p would be lower potency, which is recessive in this case.

For example, we will use PP as the father and Pp in the mother. If we cross those two parents, their offsprings could inherit any one of the following phenotypes; PP, Pp, pP, pp.

So, you could expect 3/4 of your stock to have high potency and a quarter would have low potency.

That's just the basics. It doesn't work that easily in real life where the number of traits are huge. There's a lot of ways to stabilize a trait like backcrossing. If you're ever bored, playing around with a Punnet Square Calculator in Google is kind of self educating. I suggest it if you're as baked as I am.

7. Thanks for the explanation.

8. Also, you can buy seeds that say IBL which is Inbred line. It means they've back-crossed, which is inbreeding, the desirable phenotype back to the parent to stabilize certain traits. These strains may have a greater chance to get the best phenotype.

Inbred lines are also good for starting some breeding yourself, since the traits have been stabilized more so than just a cross.

9. RIP Greg ;(

10. I'm growing some Auto Pounder by Auto Seeds this year. It's a cross between Sensi's Big Bud and DP's Power Plant. Not to mention it's a auto. It supposedly yields 450g per square meter.

11. Youll get a billion answers on this one. Usually its all limited to what they have grown. As for high yield well thats a variable question dependent on each growers set up pot size, nutrient types, light type etc.

My favs to grow is OG Kush 18, Wappa, Afghan Kush, and Master Kush.

The best way to find this out is to just grow a variety and eventually you will settle on what you like best, whats best bud ratio you like etc.

I grow indoors and in tents so I try to keep most of my grows the same kind but do do variety but that can lead to issues with each plant being different sizes and heights then figuring out through trail and error what can take what. So its all up to you what your yields going to be.

12. What website do you use to buy seed? But that sounds straight. Lmk when it's ready and how it smokes etc. I'm thinking about trying diff things to start off

13. Explained beautifully

14. Attitude Seedbank

15. OP, the trick to killer yields is to simply focus on a single strain.

Pick a strain( white widow is a great choice BTW) find a keeper mom, within a year....you'll be seeing yields. In two, you'll be bumper.

16. Everyone seem to agree on white widow.

17. well theres tons of breeders that sell a strain they call white widow, but its not all the same thing... choose a good breeder.

18. White widow is an amazing strain. I think everyone e should start with that.
    My absolute fave is star47 sensi star x ak47. Tons of crystals. Very easy to grow and they finish flowering around fifty days. A nice fruity taste and aroma and the buds are very very dense.
    I grew some skywalker my last grow and I just ordered 12 more seeds because it was amazing the buds are so crystally and the taste is amazing. In a five gallon bucket with a twenty five day veg under a six hps it'll bring a little more than a quarter pound dry. This time I'm Using seven gallons and vegging thirty five days. I've got two six hundreds with enhanced spectrum bulbs ill probably pull a half pound off each plant.
    I've grown over a hundred statins and my favorites were
    White widow
    Violator kush
    Kosher kush
    Star47
    Sensi star
    Skywalker
    Og kush
    Blue widow
    All easy growers and the quality is great with a good yeild.

19. The real white widow is made by shantibabba
    Do not buy the greenhouse seeds ww. It's gonna hermi and fuck you hard core. Do some research go through people's grow journals. One company calls it sour d and another company calls it sour d but neither of em are even similar
    Just make sure you read up that's all

Lilj on here is an amazing grower and he's grown like every fucking strain known to man. Go through his perpetual honey hole thread and you can see all the different strains in one place.

20. I believe that one is now available under the name "black widow"... I dont quite get it, but mr. nice seeds (shantibaba being their breeder) seems to like renaming their strains once other seedbanks copy the name? 0.o