Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains that don't give too much munchies?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by michael68, Feb 23, 2011.

1. I know depending on you/your medical condition appetite increase might be important.

But what's a good strain that doesn't cause munchies? Or do sativas generally give less munchies?

2. Generally speaking most will come down off of sativa strains with an increased appetite, and most will come down off of indica strains feeling more drosy.

This could be a misconception, since my own personal experience indicates that the munchies may not be as much about the type of strain as they are about other personal and enviornmental factors. Actually I find myself able to smoke any strain I want and not get the munchies, and since the day I started smoking bud I have lost 75 lbs.

3. I don't get the munchies either, for the most part, and have lost weight since starting MMJ. Which may be because cannabis increases my exercise tolerance.

There were a couple of purple strains (tries to remember name) that did make me want to eat a whole cow, but I don't use them as they don't give me pain relief.

4. Rebooting this thread,

Can anyone suggest particular strain names from their own personal experiences that did not have overt munchie affects :p

I know its funny, but the stuff going around here right now is making me clean out my fridge, it's awful.

5. LOL. I get munchies sometimes but not bad.

From looking through the net people suggest

G13
    Trainwreck
    Jack Herer
    and other sativa heavy strains.

Also try using edibles as I don't see edibles giving me the munchies..

If you do get the munchies, try things like all natural popsicles, fruit, nuts, and water or real iced tea, not the fake crap. Caffeine helps me with munchies and I'll drink a cup of coffee (I'm not sensitive to caffeine at all).

6. I read in high times if u brush the back of your tongue it ticks your mind that u are eating on should stop the hunger.

7. IMO non-munchie strains

Pandora's Box (straight to the dome high)
    Elephant 50/50 strain
    Blackjack (another 50/50 but this strain was weird because it was VERY euphoric)

8. Like under your tongue or like way back like almost gagging?

9. G13! I was in Barneys Uptown in Amsterdam, ordered my self a salad, nachos and a milk shake and smoked a joint of G13 while waiting for food.. Didn't touch nachos, finished only like a half of that salad (Pizzarella salad- it was really delicious!) and drank that awesome banana milkshake :D and I thought I was hungry :D

10. Oh try Green Crack as well ;)