Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains that can help ability to focus

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Oatmeal1989, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Is there a strain of weed that helps you concentrate? I'm on a t break right now because of school, but I wanna smoke. I was wondering if anybody knew or had any information on some strains that could help me focus instead of getting couch lock. Cause I have smoked before where I could sit there and do my work all night, but I don't know what type it was (it was my friends weed). Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

2. #2 mjmama25, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    I'd go for some Sour D. Everytime I smoke it I feel like the world has been listed of my shoulders (very euphoric high) but without any side effects like couch lock that comes with indica or dizziness and fast heart rate that can come from speedier sativas. Sour D is my smoke of choice if I have to get something done. Although it stinks to high heaven so don't smoke it before class unless your teacher likes the smell of weed.

In general, sativa strains are better for focusing, and indica strains tend to make you more couch locked. But harvest time also has a lot to do with it. If your weed has a darker tan/amber color too it, it was probably harvest late which will give it more couch lock effect. White crystals are more likely to give you the high you want.

3. sour D is super stony, and makes me feel really anxious IME. I would try for something like super silver haze. Something that isnt breed specificly to be obnoxiously stony.

4. I was able to come across a strain called Red Widow. It was a very strong sativa high, I was able to work and focus on the tasks at hand with ease.

5. Look for a sativa strain (generally brighter green, heavy bright crystallization). Green Crack is a very good one, though I've never actually tried to do schoolwork while on it.

Avoid indica if you are trying to work, it will just sort of...daze you.

6. Not northern lights, I couldn't concentrate on reading because instead of looking at one word I could only focus on the whole page.

7. lol actually there is this strain called "brain damage" that is amazing. I dont like the name but it's awesome for getting me through work where i do have to concentrate.

8. Like others said, you're going to want a sativa or sativa dominant strain. Sativas tend to have lighter (in weight and in color), fluffier, and longer nugs.

9. Ask your dealer what strains he's got, then cross-reference that with Google to find out if they're indica or sativa. It's a pretty simple fix, IMO. Like you, I enjoy trying to get some real work done when I'm high. Depends on the high, though, and like all these guys have said, sativa's the way to go.

10. Awesome, thanks for all the info everyone! I'll be sure to look for some sativa strains next time I buy. I'll let you know how it works out too. :smoke:

11. Find the right strain then just smoke less at a time do not get Stoned get elevated lol

12. Adderall haze...

13. ^ if thats what i'm thinking then lol if it's a strain i wanna try it

I feel like any good sativa will help me concentrate

14. That one of the funniest things I ever read on a weed forum.

15. I have a patient who I'm a caregiver for with neurological problems. She claims Chocolope helps her focus.

16. That doesn't sound at all like Sour D. It's a happy sativa, not stoney or anxious in the least (which are total opposites by the way).

17. Harlequin or cinex

18. I agree with the Sour D. I was hesitant at first cause it's not a pleasant smell but it really helped me to get things I wanted to do done. And without the edgy anxiety.