Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains that are better for athletic performance?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by strangebrew41, Aug 7, 2012.

1. I am an endurance athlete that likes to vaporize before every workout and race. I am able to tell that some strains work better that others, but I rarely know what I have.
    I am planing a small, scrog, led grow, because I want to be able to regulate the quality and effectiveness of my herb.
    My question is, does anyone know of any strains that would cause a Hyper focused intensity? I know weight lifters have been smoking for ages, I thought maybe there is a known "workout herb".
    Thank you for your help!

2. try sticking to a strain that is sativa dominant because the high will be more uplifting, opposite to indica.

3. lemon haze
    thai stick
    bubble gum
    pollen hash (Moroccan)
    green crack
    jack h

there all the strains I have had success with exercising, your looking for strains that do not give a couch lock effect, its all about the sativa.

4. sour diesel.

5. I would say that Green Crack or Jack Herer are great for working out. I like to vape some jack and work my arms and I find that green crack helps me work my legs.

6. anytype of sativa really like sour d is great for wen you gotta focus or move around alot.

7. If you have access to any sort of dispensary where you can choose a sativa or indica dominant strain then find which of the two you prefer, most likely sativa. Then find a strain in that category that seems reputable. Not something you've never heard of. Buy and try. If you need help with finding seeds that will be sent to your country PM me.

8. Mexican brick weed, very good for keep your performance at maximum.

9. some hard hitting sativa. but in general i dont think weed "betters" athletic performance. weeds aint steroids mayne

10. There's not really a specific strain for just working out... If you stick to sativa or sativa dominant hybrids you should be fine. As a endurance athlete you can pretty much just pick anything and your good. Just depends on what you like.

11. Any satvia dominant strain.

12. Ask the phelps