Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains on Lupus

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JimmyJumpdrive, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Hey everyone, new smoker here, and new to the forums.

So, my mother was diagnosed with Lupus roughly a year and a half ago. There are some days where here muscles keep her in bed. We live in Florida where Medicinal Marijuana has only just recently been passed, but we're still awaiting for the bill to come into effect.

A few questions regarding medicinal cannabis:

I was wondering if there were any specific strains I can attempt to find to help her with her illness, I saw the strains list, and wanted to know of others experiences with illness that take place in muscle deficiency.

Also, being that the bill has yet to come into place, finding a proper strain may prove to be a little tricky, I know a guy who makes occasional rounds to California ever 5 to 6 months and brings back exotic strains. But outside that, i'm clueless as to where to find proper strains.

If anyone is a professional on medicines, feel free to talk biological with me, I work writing computational bio-simulation, so I might be able to get the bio-talk.

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. as long as the cannabis is clean, cured out to full maturation and smells good any strain should suffice... if you have access to Cali bud go with that and do not wait for your politician to decide if it's OK for your MOM to be healthy... I seriously doubt your politician cares to much about that and it's your/ her responsibility... if you can do it legally please do but do not expect it any time soon or expect it to be easy on the east coast...
    if you have not researched ( endocannabinoid system ) please do so now and you will find why any strain will work because they all have phyto-cannabinoids which are the medicine in cannabis... it is the fresh clean medicinal plants that serve to act on that inner biological system for homeostasis

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have not looked into a endocannabinoid-system, when I get off work tonight, I'll be sure to do some reading up on it. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Galaxy420, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    I'm working on year 8 or so of doing just that...
    here is a few references just to wrap your mind around the process

http://incrediblehealingjournals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Cytokine-Cascade-by-Dennis-Hill.pdf

Biochemist Dennis Hill, who cured his stage 3 prostate cancer with Cannabis oil, explains how it works

G_protein-coupled_receptor

Good Luck and please give your MOM a huge Hug from everyone here at the GC community

some more info better suited to the situation
    Treating Lupus with Cannabis | Leafly

Medical Marijuana Treatments for Lupus; How Cannabis Helps Lupus!

• Like Like x 1