Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains native to the US?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Valcurium, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Sup guys, so I've been doing some heavy duty research for sheer pleasure on strains and I'm seeing strains native to mexico, columbia, afghanistan, pakistan, thailand, etc (landraces) and it made me wonder: Is there now or was there ever a strain that was native to the USA? I heard something about the government making the g-13 strain (but that's not a landrace, plus its not proven). I was thinking since Texas and California were once part of Mexico there might have been some strains that were technically native to the US, but I'm not sure. Anybody got any answers? :eek:

2. I believe OG Kush was the first American strain.

3. I heard all kush comes from weed originating in the Kush mountains of India. Like i'm talking about pure landrace strains (weed that is pure and hasn't been bred with any other strains).

4. OG kush isn't actually of kush origins.

5. ^lol. Was also wondering about this...

6. #7 SantaMonicaMtns, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
    There isn't a landrace cannabis strain native (endogenous) to the United States land area.

Hemp was brought over on the Columbus era ships from Europe, and that's it as far as I know.

EDIT: cannabis is native to Asia, near Afghanistan, the Himalayas, that area. See this link:
    http://www.cannabis.net/hist/index.html

7. [​IMG]
    Wild hemp grows in some parts of the country, I guess that would be an american landrace?