Strains for first time growers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Whatupbro, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Title says it, what strains are "idiot proof" but still produce decent buds?

2. Have heard most Indica strains are strong plants for newbs. AK-47/48 are strong growers, basically stay away from the hazes, purps, and pure sativas. Indoor or outdoor? If everything is maintained up to spec. (lights, nutrients, air "CO2", temperature) things should go fine indoor for most strains. Hope this helps, first time is a learning experience. Output = Input

3. Ok thanks, not sure whether I'm going indoor our outdoor yet. I'm thinking outdoor if I can get a house with a nice yard. Moving to Cali in about 9 months, I'll have to see if I can find a prime house for growing. I'll def look for some heavy indica strains though.

4. #4 iGrower92, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    If you can find these seeds in a seed bank, you should definetely look into them.

The strain is called "Big Low", a huge ruderalis/autoflower, suited for both indoor and outdoor. The seeds will be different variables of sativa/indica, genetically speaking.

I've been growing some myself, and the result was surprisingly good.
    I used the "Ecogrower" from GHB, a hydroponic, easy-to-maintain system.
    On top of that i had:

2x 34w flourescent light tubes
    1 400w hps bulb.
    2x office fans, one pushing in cool air at the bottom, and another one taking care of circulation of air
    Oxygen tablets (Extra Slow)

The result of a 18/6 daily light schedual, with feeding of nutes rising 15 additional minutes per week, was indeed impressive.

6 AUTOFLOWER plants yielded a little bit under 600 grams, dried & cured.

Fits well for outdoor growing too, but watch the humidity ;)

They surprise growers & smokers with a citrus skunky smell with sweet undertones, and a high so intense & tropical, which kicks in quite fast.

Ready to harvest, if cultivated in the right conditions, after 65 days from seed. Outdoor, 75-80 days.

Recommended !

5. What bank did you get those seeds from?i'd say either lowryder2 or afgan kush ryder.

6. Yea, what bank did you get those from? Sounds nice for a first timer like myself.

7. Bubbleberry is also a good one. Resists mites and molds and decent yeilding

8. #8 iGrower92, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    I got the seeds from a Danish hydro-store.

See, I live in Denmark, and this guy only delivers to danish customers.

But I can tell you this: The "producers/fathers" of the seeds is "Seeds of life".
    I think you can find them in the attitude seed bank.
    I don't have any experience with that bank, and I've heard a lot of different opinions on them.

And keep in mind, that a cold growing medium for these seeds will slow down growing activity A LOT.

But hey, give it a shot.

9. Thanks a lot, I'll keep my eye out for it.

10. Yea I think I decided I am going to use bagseed for my first grow. I wanted to know some easy strains for maybe my second or third grow if my first grow goes well.

11. Northern Lights is supposed to be good for beginners, Doesn't smell much in flowering, and good yielder...i think it will provide just enough of a challenge to give you some growing experience...I'm starting my grow with that in just a few weeks just waiting for some supplies.

12. I went with the joint doctors lowryder seeds for my first grow - they seem pretty idiot proof, 18 hours throughout the whole cycle and auto flowering from week 3. Seed to harvest in 9 weeks :)