STRAIN ??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shawn Castro-Ortiz, Dec 16, 2016.

1. what strain is best to start off with. im new to all this stuff and im always asking question and wanting to know other people answers so fill free to drop some names done and why you think is best. :apache:

2. it's almost impossible to kill a M39, it's good for a beginner that knows nothing and just wants to play around

I don't really like the taste and it's usually not very strong, but the high is good

3. I have 5 strains in my garden and I'll say White Widow seems like easy mode. It really thrives with hardly any attention. A few of my other strains need more training and love but the WW has just the right amount of stretch/bushiness and grows like a weed. It's definitely a high yielder. I can tell even though I haven't budded any yet. It's almost as big as my GDP's that are a good week and a half older.

Grand Daddy Purple is also one of my favorites. It's not quite as easy to make thrive as the WW but not hard and so tasty.

• Like Like x 2
  4. then why the heck recommend it ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Learn how to read

• Like Like x 1
  6. thanks guys keep suggestions coming :gc_rocks::smoking-hookah:

7. I have zero to compare it to but did some research and went with White Widows and a Northern light. So far the white widows have been virtually issue free and very responsive to anything I've done. I broke a branch over 3/4 of the way and simply taped it up. Didn't phase it at all. My northern light is a little more sensitive and is a little smaller then the White widows. Consistently seems to be a week or so behind the WW's

check out my first grow/journal https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1423342/

8. I agree White Widow FTW. Super healthy and easy plus great yield and high THC content. It's a legend most people would be proud to have in their garden.

The Origins of White Widow Marijuana Strain - Seedsman Blog
    "The White Widow strain was first released to the public by Shantibaba, shortly after he founded the Green House Seed Company in 1994 with a Dutch partner named Arjan. The pedigree of this famous sativa/indica hybrid is made up of a pure Brazilian sativa mother and a South Indian, Keralan hybrid father. The exact origins of the mother plant remains somewhat of a mystery but the most educated guess is that it could possibly be the old school, Brazilian landrace Manga Rosa, which has a long history of spiritual use. The Father was discovered during a trip to India where Shantibaba was approached by a man, who after sharing a joint with him, eventually led him to his farm in the mountains of Kerala. The farmer then introduced him to an indica hybrid that had been selectively cultivated and bred towards optimum resin production in his village for a very long time. After several days of sampling the farmer’s plants, Shantibaba left for the Netherlands with a batch of fresh seeds, from which he was soon to discover the male for his White Widow cross. He eventually bred it to the Brazilian Sativa mother, forming the spectacular White Widow."

9. Any of the haze strains are pretty easy to grow.
    they're resiliant to most things and bounce back nicely if you make any mistakes.
    They are slow going but once they start they don't stop.
    It takes a little longer for them to finish but it's well worth the wait.