Strain

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pounds, Jan 12, 2013.

1. I'm ordering seeds for my first grow. I'm going to be starting them inside and then moving them outdoors. I live in eastern Canada and was planning to order 15 white widow seeds from bcseedking.com. Should I get 10 female seeds instead for an extra $30?

2. If its your first grow then probably best go for feminized IMO

Regular seeds have there place but fem seeds take a lot of hassle out of it.

3. I'd say work with cheap/free seeds until you are confident with your growing skills. My first attempt at growing, I planted 6 seeds, all sprouted just fine, but they ended up dying in the seedling stage. If they weren't bagseed and I actually spent good money on them, I would have been pretty ticked off.

If you are confident you know what you're doing, then yes, go feminized. They are worth the additional price as long as it's reasonable.

4. Definitely feminized. Isolate a mother and then clone that biotch!

5. Absolutely get the feminized seeds,grow a mother...work her into clones and grow some smoke.W.W. is some powerful smoke...I have some of these in my mother room,vigerous growth,& easy to clone.

6. Thanks for the replies, ordering them tomorrow.

7. Hey Pounds, While you wait for those $fem seeds$ plant some bag seeds to practice on.
    What could it hurt?

8. wild bird feed contains hemp seeds - good for practising.

9. Females will be easier especially if you are crammed for room sorting with the males, feminized eliminates having to deal with that step. Also people sometimes forget they have to dispose of the males somewhere...

10. He said it was his first grow. Better to practice on free seeds to get the feel for caring for them,transplanting,cuttings, etc.
    A little practice on free seeds can't hurt. If on the other hand, you are shit rich, by all means use the most expensive seeds you can buy.:D

11. I actually just found a seed in a gram I bought today, what's the minimum wattage I would need In a cfl bulb to sprout it, want to start it as cheaply as possible

12. for just sprouting one seed one CFL of something like 23w would be enough, if you want to get it to a decent size to plant it outside you would be better off with 2 23w CFLs. if you want to flower it, you need something like 100-150w total. always place CFLs 1-2 inches away from your plants, otherwise they will be stretching to get into that zone.

13. Thanks

14. BDS is a known ripoff site. DO NOT USE.