strain suggestions for the Eastern Washington State

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by q p one, Jan 2, 2013.

1. anyone know some good strains that will grow at 49 degrees latitude? i need strains that will finish by the first week of october at the latest

These are some strains i have in mind so far:
    Hollands Hope
    Durban Poison
    Frisian Dew

2. Friesland (m39)- a lot of breeders don't carry it, and poorly grown/immaturely harvested it is "be asters"; but grown properly, some of the best outdoor IMHO.

Mighty-Mite

Timewarp

Sensi's Maple Leaf Indica (even though its supposed to be bred for indoor, it's really a hearty Indica, (pure afgani I think) which means short flowering times

Idk what your planning, ie guerilla etc but some of the autos do okay (up to 2 oz per plant) outdoors.

3. check into these famous companies

reggae seeds
    female seeds
    reserva privada
    paradise seeds
    cali connection
    barney's farm

they carry beg october feminized potent resistant plants

4. [quote name='"q p one"']anyone know some good strains that will grow at 49 degrees latitude? i need strains that will finish by the first week of october at the latest

These are some strains i have in mind so far:
    Hollands Hope
    Durban Poison
    Frisian Dew[/quote]

I had an EXCELLENT turnout this past year in Maine with Durban poison. Finishes fast and with great yield

Also look at dinafem's blue widow. I've heard nothing at all besides phenomenal reviews for its yield, mold resistance, harvest time, and everything else. That is what I'll be growing this coming year

5. #5 Zombie Farms, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    where online do you find the blue widow, if you don't mind me asking?..
    oops dinafem okay..

6. thanks guys, ive heard good things about blue widow and maple leaf indica so ill add those to my selection

7. Ask the customer service reps at whatever seedbank you choose what is the easiest strain to grow that they carry.

Also doing your homework before diving into a grow is key! Google everything (planting times, what strains people in your part of the world have had success with etc). I'd check penalties in your area, as well as surrounding states. It might behoove you to grow in a neighboring state (if possible) if penalties are harsh in your area.

And survey where you're planning to grow for at least a week before you put any plants there; my friend stuck a few plants behind an old "abandoned" church, only to find that the church held meetings once a month...

Keep pictures of what nutrient deficiencies look like on hand, as well as common pests.

Best of luck/keep us updated