Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strain selection advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Horseman1978, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Greetings Gardners!

Can anyone suggest an Indica dominant strain that is higher in CBD? Ideally it would be an auto too, but beggars can't be choosers.

I would like to find something over 5% CBD, but don't want the THC to be too far below 10-15%

I'm likely to grow this indoors too, FWIW.

Horseman1978

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I've grown this Fastbuds strain and it works well for a 1:1. It is indica dominant. But, not as high of a THC as your after.
    Fastbuds CBD Auto 1:1 (CBD Crack).

• Like Like x 2
  3. TimJ,

Thanks; I will look into that. I may ultimately accomplish what I am after by combining measured quantities of specific strains. If one was to grind up a gram of a higher CBD strain with a gram of the appropriate Indica dominant THC bearing strain, then I could skip the wild goose chase. Similar to blending scotch!

-Horseman1978-

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've been doing some research recently about the Entourage effect. It's not all about the THC. Here's an interesting study.

The “Entourage Effect”: Terpenes Coupled with Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Mood Disorders and Anxiety Disorders.

I grow a lower THC auto-flower strain that's pretty darn good and it has a low THC of around 13%. I believe it is the entourage effect that makes this particular strain special.

Oh yeah, a great 1:1 photo period strain would be CBD Critical Mass. Both Jay_R_1787 and I grow that one and like it a lot.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks; thats looking good.

My Early Miss autos are only about 12" tall, but they are also just 4-1/2 weeks in.

• Like Like x 1