Strain Selecting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WilliamHBonneey, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Planning an outdoor grow in Nor Cal around 20 to 30 plants and I was having difficulty selecting the strains I wanted to grow. I'm looking for large yields potency and color. I found a few sites where I was thinking of buying seeds from but also I was considering grabbing clones. From my knowledge I believe seeds have a larger yield to clones. But im not sure this is necessarily true. The temps in my neck of the woods are upwards towards 105 in summer and have an average of 90. I'll be using Subs Super Soil and A.N. Heavy Harvest and Dr.Hornby's Big Bud in 15 to 20 gallon smart pots just for back info. The strains im considering are

Black Pearl(Highgrade seeds)
    Monster Bud(Highgrade seeds)
    Purple Diesel(Highgrade seeds)
    White Widow or Black Widow
    Texada Timewarp
    BC God Bud
    Blue Buddah
    Blue Dream

Im trying to grow anywhere from 5 to 7 plants of 4 different strains I need help slimming my selection or widening through personal experience. The two im almost 100% on is White or Black Widow and Texada Timewarp. I've heard great things about both strains (white and timewarp) but I wanted to know personal yields potency etc of Texada for sure. Basically what im hoping from the whole post is yield,size and time of harvest for all the strains i've listed or the three from other strains you(the reader) can suggest. Color is very important to me as i'm trying to grow strains that not only yield high and taste great but are also different from the smoke thats currently in my area. All help and info is greatly appriciated and thank you in advance.

William H Bonney

2. ***Bump for 45 views***
    I kinda got an answer on THCfarmer but at the same time I do need more input if possible for my question....

3. Wrong forum for outdoor advice, there's a specific place for that.

4. on the flip imma newb so I figured it'd be best fit here....? if its a problem Mods feel free to move my thread!