Strain section?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by katebtr, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Sorry if I'm completely missing it, but which section should I use to ask questions about specific strains? Basically I'm looking for a potent sativa or sativa dominant hybrid that grows well indoors. I plan to grow it next to an indica/IDH strain under the same light (probably a good quality LED). Looking for something good for day time use, and uplifting. I know every strain effects people differently (I've really noticed that with some of my friends). Tried asking already in the beginner and seed bank sections, but didn't get many responses.

Don't want something that will get 8 ft. tall, or take months to flower. Thanks for the help guys, and let me know if there is a better section for this. 

2. #2 killset, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    With the right training techniques and veg time w/ photos, you can make just about any plant grow as short as you want. That being said there's ones that are easier to grow short. Get on a seed banks site with a seed finder option, enter in what your looking for. Then find a strain you like. Google reviews and grow reports, look for journals. Look for something beginner friendly. I grew out Cinderella 99 a sativa dominant hybrid last grow. Pretty easy growing plant. Potent, energetic high. kept it short fairly easy. I would consider it beginner friendly. But what I like you may not. This guy yesterday was showing us pics from a purple pheno of C-99 that I still can't get out of my mind. Wish I would of had it in my grow.

3. Since your growing it with another plant, you might want to look for similarities , height, flower time, etc. If your in a tight space, even similar yield helps. I've had issues in the past with a larger yielding plant beating up on a smaller yielding plant, hogging light. That's something you learn to work around but make your first couple grows easy.

4. Pretty much every strain is going to take months to flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thanks, I'll keep searching. C-99 sounds intriguing, but I'd like something more popular that has been around a while, so that it is easier to find accurate info on. 

That's what I'm trying. Some sort of comprehensive strain index would be of great help, but I haven't found one yet. I've been reading leafly to try to gauge what kind of high it would be, but sometimes they list a strain as a sativa when I know it is a hybrid, and vice versa, so sometimes I'm not sure about accuracy. I want something with a good day time high that is relaxing and makes you happy, and grow-wise that can grow well alongside a more indica strain. What do you think about a northern lights/AK-47 combo?

That attitude advanced search is really cool! As long as their info is accurate that is really helpful. Is that a seed bank you like buying from? Don't want to get bored just growing one strain, you know?

Sarcasm doesn't help:)

6. #7 killset, Jan 23, 2015
    [quote name="katebtr" post="21231936" timestamp="1422031201"]Thanks, I'll keep searching. C-99 sounds intriguing, but I'd like something more popular that has been around a while, so that it is easier to find accurate info on.

That's what I'm trying. Some sort of comprehensive strain index would be of great help, but I haven't found one yet. I've been reading leafly to try to gauge what kind of high it would be, but sometimes they list a strain as a sativa when I know it is a hybrid, and vice versa, so sometimes I'm not sure about accuracy. I want something with a good day time high that is relaxing and makes you happy, and grow-wise that can grow well alongside a more indica strain. What do you think about a northern lights/AK-47 combo?

That attitude advanced search is really cool! As long as their info is accurate that is really helpful. Is that a seed bank you like buying from? Don't want to get bored just growing one strain, you know?

Sarcasm doesn't help:)[/quotup that's why I say its hard to give advice on a strain. What I like may not be what you like. Theres 1000s of strains and though growing them all would be a dream, its going to stay just a dream. I thought c99 wouldn't be what I liked at all, but it surprised me. I'm an old school skunk guy myself. But even with all the skunk strains, it still needs a side kick to add some different flavor from time to time....growing the same strain does get boring especially if your limited to just a few strains. I'm always changing it up. 2-3 grows max usually and I'll come back to it later if I like it. but I'm fortunate enough to have a buddy that maintains a large selection of mothers and also seeds plants out. I've never personally used attitude, I've used Herbie's and a few others, next I want to give gorilla a shot.

Take the breeders info with a bit of caution. They're generally accurate, but remember, they are trying to sell you something. Its a good guide to go off of for height and a rough flowering time. That's why I always read strain reviews and grow reports from growers. But you need to look for reports from established growers that know what they're doing. Too many times you see a bad report on a strain, only to find its the growers 1st grow, using wrong amounts of nutrients in a terrible set up, underneath a 23 watt cfl. Then they bitch about the strain burning too easy and barely producing......good luck man

7. If you are a new grower, trying to grow a sativa  and indica together will be troublesome.  Look at the hybrid seed selection and select seeds that have similar growing habits.  Some seed banks will have suggestions of other strains that grow well with each other.
    C99 is a pure sativa that has been around longer than you have been alive.  Much information is available by using seedbank databases similar to this:

http://en.seedfinder.eu/search/

PW

8. c99 is a hybrid sativa dominant. And its totally possible to grow both indica's and Sativa's without trouble if you pay attention to height and flowering time....actually pretty easy. Its when a new grower gets a short ass indica and puts it next too a tall ass sativa that cause them troubles

9. #10 killset, Jan 23, 2015
    Sativa dominant hybrid......Shiva skunk is a hybrid that comes from indica parents.....there for c99 is not pure sativa

Attached Files:

10. most strains are a hybrid of some sorts anymore. Northern lights is an easy grow have never grown ak-47, but its on my list. Maybe if you grow it out I could get some info on it from you....good luck w/ whatever you decide

I don't know how accurate the info is, but they get it direct from the breeders so there is probably a pinch of truth and a spoon of sales patter. 

The seedbank is great though, it's the only one I use, they have some great offers and great customer service