Strain questions ....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Eddyshore, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I'm getting ready to order from attitude and was wondering if you guys can help me pick my strains ? I want something that wont give me couchlock but wont make my heart race either. I have anxiety issues and weed that makes my heart race can lead to panic AKA paranoia which is bad news so I am looking for something to smoke that is an all around good time ... Any ideas ? Thanks

2. #2 420Report, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
    serious seeds Kali Mist seems to be the crowd favorite here, although some phenos have a tinge of couchlock.
    mandala 8 mile high is cool but has some heart raciness to it..
    My personal recommendation is Neville's A5 Haze by barney's farm (pic: http://i.min.us/idxfRS.JPG ), awesome taste and full on sativa with no paranoia brought on by it.. however paranoia is a personal thing and can be brought on by other factors

3. Yknow, I enjoy the whole experience of doing my own research to learn as much as I can about a strain though in all honesty a combination of overall breeder's rep and the strain's name that catches my attention. This process lead me, somehow, to Female seeds which seems to be relatively new (if I'm not mistaken) but have some amazing strains. Recently I purchased their Widowrella (C99 x White Widow), grew, and sampled the product just now. Pretty easy to grow even for those with little experience.

I too have anxiety as well as depression issues, and this high is more... intellectual. I feel alert yet calm, inspired, insightful, and am able to function normally. This is the type of high you can go to work and function next-to normally.

Unfortunately it's sold out at the Single Seed Centre, but I would most assuredly recommend checking it out. $6.99 per seed, feminized, but well worth 10x that in quality alone.

4. get some mandala 8 miles high. that has a fun sativa buzz that's TOTALLY neutral. it's neither couchlocking nor racy. those effects take a backseat to the euphoric & playful buzz you can literally do 24/7. it's so clear headed, you can wake & bake on it, but i don't know how much stone creeps in with high doses & longe sessions. it goes well with activities and loves music & to dance, but is just as happy to kick back & watch clouds. the sample i took wasn't the most potent bud ever, but the quality was totally ass kicking squared. it's the best indoor bud i've ever smoked and better than anything i've bought for over 25 years. it's like a more psychoactive skunk #1 with even more euphoria but without the couchlock. i'm still looking for stronger & trippier, but i'd be satisfied smoking nothing but this the rest of my life and i'm one picky fucking sativa spoiled toker. the sample i toked had a really interesting effect i could only call "sharpening of the reflexes" that made it feel like i had extra precise body control. on the upside of it not being insanely potent, it didn't exhibit any of the lung busting expansion, nausea or dizziness of an IBL sativa and likely has a lower paranoia factor. it's just a buzz that says "let's have fun already!" that doesn't get in the way of whatever activity you chose.

haze is even better & stronger, but comparing an indoor strain to that tree isn't quite fair.

even though the buzz is racy, i'd still keep C99 around for activities, chores & dates etc.

5. im not sure if this is the right place but i got seeds from a friend that is

-Apollo 11 x ak47
    -Hindu kush x ak47

has anyone crossed like that any info would be great! :)

6. #6 pokernaut, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
    apollo 11 is rare in crosses. you'd do better to look for jeck herer & super silver haze crosses. it never really caught on although in '05, that and super silver haze were considered the "best indoor thai" despite being stoney.

there's good news if you have interest in AK-47 & hindu kush. those two strains have been miniaturized to 14" to a foot tall in these lowryders:

auto assasin... 24" tall AK-47 bred for sativa phenos. but still skunky as fuck. i want to check this out myself for miniaturizing IBL sativas, but i imagine that there's still afghani in the buzz as AK-47 is generally stoney.

at 18" high, you can get both a hindu kush & ak47 lowryder from lowlife

and lowlife has a 14" tall auto hindu kush too which is stoney, but i didn't find doc chronic's hindu-masterkush troublemakers to be very stoney at all. that could possibly make a superior lowryder if the hindu kush used for this was selected for stone. lowlife also has their own AK47 lowryder too. i'd bet the 24" short stuff AK-47 smokes better. AK 47 is a fair sized mostly sativa in it's own right. the taller of the 2 lowryders would seem to be the closest to the 1 hit KO pheno.

kannabia has a lowryder that's allegedly trippy called gnomo that might compare to apollo 11. i intend to check that out next year.

lowryding A11 & C99 would be cool and are likely to happen eventually unless joey weed disappears from the scene.

if you want a plant that has a weird stoned & high at the same time buzz & is compact if cold stunted with a mild cat piss on grapes odor at the start of flowering that fades to a softer hazey grapes odor in flowering, get barney's LSD. very sticky buds. the stoned effect starts out literally as heavy eyelids, but in a couple hours creeps into a KO. it's like an apollo 11 to ak47 creeper. it's a beautiful shorty at the start of flowering with it's dark green-grey-black leaves with sharp fishbone ridges under frosty crystal glands & snow white pistils. i bet the C99ed beans i get from that won't be shabby at all. other than leaf trim and lower buds i sampled, i'll get a nice 3-4 gram already been trimmed top cola. i'll split it with my connection as he's always tossing me nugs. he likes a stony buzz more than me.

i don't know how big it gets, but i'm all about mandala's 8 miles high indoors. i've never smoked ANYTHING that awesome in 25 years short of superior mexican brick and a few gifted grams of real sativa except some prime euphoric circa 1998 skunk #1 except without the Sk1 stone which isn't overpowering until you build tolerance, but is annoying. it might not be as potent as the indoor trippies: apollo 11, jack herer, super silver haze, LA confidential, medicine man (aka white rhino), romulan, LSD, & haze skunk etc.

if you want an apollo 11 cross that won't be shabby at all, but might be too energetic for chilling, get joey weeds' A11 backcrossed to C99. it might lose some psychoactivity though. there has to be more interest & demand for sativa dominant strains to get more availability & variety.

"afghanistan
    meditation
    old chinese flu
    kick junk
    but what else
    can a poor worker do?"

7. #7 pokernaut, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
    instead of getting an A11 cross, why not just get joey weeds' version from hemp depot. i don't think any or at least many legit breeders are using it nowadays and joey weed's A11 is about as close to grimm's original as you're probably going to find.

it's too late in the year to try and get it done indoors before summer, but i am definitely growing a pack of that out asap, probably fall.

about the only A11 cross i can think of is joey's back cross to C99. which would probably both less stony and trippy too.

there was an A11 x california orange cross that sounded around a few years ago.

8. Wow the lsd sounded good! and im thinkin to get mandala 8 mile high after reading your post! =) but i think that you understanded me wrong what i was asking and its probably my fault because im from finland so i dont write english so good :smoke: what i meant to ask was that have anybody growed or heard someone making strains like that? my friend bought them from a finnish forum and gave them to me so some random guy have made them so havent got any information anywhere :(

sorry if its hard to read :laughing:

and thanks i appreciate that you wrote that much and damn you are good describing strains! haha! :eek:

9. i still like 8 miles high better than LSD. LSD starts out making your eyelids feel heavy. it doesn't put you to sleep right away, but it will after a couple hours. i just don't like couchlock at all, so a strain like 8 miles high thast has none at all is more my style.

don't worry about your english, you speak it a lot better than many people who use it as their 1st language.

always glad to help anyone i can get through all of the junk results for search engines etc. and get to the information they're REALLY looking for. as someone who DESPISES couchlock and who's been searching for strains that don't do that for over 25 years, this question is right up my alley and everyone i can steer AWAY from sleepy stinky indicas and towards functional, energetic and even trippy sativas is a potential new soldier in the war to make it possible for people to actually get high again.

10. hahah i understand you i dont like couchlocks either but sometimes i just wanna relax but im also more of an sativa guy :hello: i just ordered 8 miles high im so excited! =)

but hey thanks bro and i hope all the best for you =)

11. don't worry. 8 miles high likes relaxing too. it just want to have fun doing WHATEVER it is you think is fun. if sitting back & watching the discovery channel is your idea of fun, 8 miles high is fine for kicking back & relaxing although it might make a lot of stuff seem funnier & cooler than it really is.

for me, couchlock is the exact opposite of fun. it's annoying. it's my mortal enemy.

here's an 8 miles high/sativa buzz
    "wow! cool! let's do something fun! weeeeeeeeeee! fun! fun! fun! happy happy happy!"

and here's MOST of the rest of the crap out there
    "shit! i can't reach the remote contr..." *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

i'll never get how anyone can ever see getting tired as anything even related to FUN! it's a total fun killer.

12. seems pretty obvious to me - people who normally have trouble sleeping like that "crap".

13. 8 miles high here i come baby! sounds like the perfect strain i have been looking

14. Thanks for the info guys and great discussion, I bought Northern Lights because 8 mile is sold out and I couldnt find it , its my first grow anyway so NL will be fine ( I HOPE) . If it makes me anxious , I will just give the bud to my buddies and wait till I can get some 8 mile high seeds ? Anyone know where to find 8 mile high ? The places I looked were Sold Out . thanks agiain, And Down With The Couchlock! Arent we supposed to be getting HIGH?